Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Why bother with justice system?

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Sets a precedent for illegal owners

The precedent is yet to be set for a legal owner - this precedent is just for a low life loser who does NOT have a FAL.

As for nuances of reports into background/culture etc etc - I dont buy that - this is just to far out there - a house shootup - FFS
    Maca49 and outlander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    It is likely explained by the nuanced approach taken by the Judge and the associated reports and back ground that you are not privy to. For someone who works in the justice system I would have thought you would have considered that.
    I would imagine the judge saw the perpetrators as victims of their low class upbringing, victims of society. I see it as just another example of creeping anomie.
    ‘Facts don’t care about your feelings’

Just as well this chap didn't shoot anyone:
    https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/crime...Pos=5#cxrecs_s

3yrs 8mths imprisonment for taking $70k of bribes.

Don't steal money, the government hates competition
    Every machine is a smoke machine,
    If you use it wrong enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    I would imagine the judge saw the perpetrators as victims of their low class upbringing, victims of society. I see it as just another example of creeping anomie.
    Maybe. Or the Judge saw reason or was convinced that anomy (a future of degraded values) was not the future they wished for themselves?
    Only the youngest of the offenders were discharged. The other 2 got HD and 2 more awaiting sentencing.
    Rushy likes this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Maybe. Or the Judge saw reason or was convinced that anomy (a future of degraded values) was not the future they wished for themselves?
    Only the youngest of the offenders were discharged. The other 2 got HD and 2 more awaiting sentencing.
    Relay? Maybe the discharged was "only along for the ride" but the HD pair had shot at the house (according to the article). The future of degraded values is already ours and will only get worse. These people have already gone far enough down that path to be a threat to society don't you think? If your quite happy for them to be wandering around, good on you but I would like to suggest forming your own country that follows this philosophy. As much as I know prisons rarely rehabilitate, I would prefer to leave them in prison so we can all get along with life not having to worry about drive by shootings.
    veitnamcam, Blaser, crewe2 and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    Just as well this chap didn't shoot anyone:
    https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/crime...Pos=5#cxrecs_s

3yrs 8mths imprisonment for taking $70k of bribes.

Don't steal money, the government hates competition

Plus I note that a former council employee got a nice wee 85K due to the boss ignoring the warning. WTF
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

I was thnking.... When on TVNZ they shot that Trump doll with the salt gun... If I had of done something similar (I wouldn't!) and put it on Youtube I'd probably lose my FAL. How the hell is that sentence for the shoot-up in the paper a reasonable one....
    timattalon and 300CALMAN like this.

over here, over there, either here, or there
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Plus I note that a former council employee got a nice wee 85K due to the boss ignoring the warning. WTF
    I'm not sure that you have interpreted the circumstance, as reported, correctly.
    1) The former Chief Executive alerted the Serious Fraud Office of her concerns which triggered an investigation (by the SFO).
    2) She was later suspended from council employment because she did not alert them (council) of those same concerns.
    3) She took out a personal grievance against the council for that suspension.
    4) She received an $85,000 payout because of the council action.

Not quite the same as "the boss ignoring the warning".
    timattalon and outlander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    Relay? Maybe the discharged was "only along for the ride" but the HD pair had shot at the house (according to the article). The future of degraded values is already ours and will only get worse. These people have already gone far enough down that path to be a threat to society don't you think? If your quite happy for them to be wandering around, good on you but I would like to suggest forming your own country that follows this philosophy. As much as I know prisons rarely rehabilitate, I would prefer to leave them in prison so we can all get along with life not having to worry about drive by shootings.
    I have not said that I am happy with these sorts of people wandering around, or not. What I have questioned is the second guessing of the judgement based on incomplete information gleaned from a single news paper article. While no one is the holder of the truth, the Judge will be the closest to it. I prefer (and mostly trust) the objective weighing of the facts by someone trustworthy, trained and experienced to the publics' reactions based on likely miss information and their political compass. On that basis I guess your assumption that I'm ok with the judgement is correct.
    Last edited by Tahr; 25-03-2023 at 10:44 PM.
    nor-west, erniec and Shamus_ like this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

correct me if im wrong but arent judges decisions bound by the sentencing act?????.if so as ive often said ,then at the end of the day change can only be undertaken by those we elect(yes we)or have envigled themselves into seats as list MPs.this latest bloody 3ring circus in auckland really shows yet again what weve descended to. no respect for anyone anymore.
    outlander likes this.

I think unless the whole article is a fabrication the premises speaks for itself IE people conducting a drive buy shooting. The Judge seems to acknowledged a stupid mitigating factor " He acknowledged all three were reacting to an extreme event and the emotion involved." The Judge seems to acknowledged "counselling" as mitigating factor and pleading guilty for something they seemed to have been caught red handed.
    outlander likes this.

We need Batman.
    300CALMAN likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    We need Batman.
    As long as it's the "The Dark Knight" version, Although it seems like our justice system would fit well into 1960's TV version.
    timattalon likes this.

Walked into a local branch of a well known canterbury bakery this am
    .Police had just departed following visit of a bunch of wee arsehole adolescent shoplifters.

Nobody can touch em and boy did they crow about it.

This is even though one of them threatened a staff member who saw them in action and legitimately tried to stop this debacle

!apparently they also target warehouse and mall supermarket on a regular basis ,and walk straight through trespass notices "Dont apply to Us",toucxh us and well do you for assault"

can anyone find any decency or sense in this cause I sure a f..k cant

It wasn't me your Honnor - it was the stick, also after being hit by a motorbike I identified, as a teenager CiS
    10-Ring and Moa Hunter like this.