Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree533Likes

Thread: Police association reaction to submissions

Police association reaction to submissions

it's that liar again, the one who lied about not needing a license to buy ammo, 0 integrity.
    ‘Facts don’t care about your feelings’

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    6000 submissions it says there....seems once again most shooters were simply too apathetic to even bother making one.
    Yes. But also take into consideration how many submissions are made for legislation changes on average. Bet this is much higher
    Pixie Z likes this.

I left mine till it was almost too late. I would imagine there are a lot that believe nothing would make a difference and I tend to agree.
    My opinionon public consultation is that it makes it look like you will listen, keep most people quiet thinking they have a say and they do what they want anyway. As for cost, whilst my pocket wouldn't like it I will admit if it was raised to 400 nicker or a little more I could understand. The rest of the cost recovery exercise was blatant robbery.
    We are tax payers too so already paying for some of it anyway.
    Just another way to drive people from the sport

BSA
    Two Points. Firstly, Where is the Independent Authority Firearms Owners were promised. Secondly, Police are not a User-Pays Organisation. The key words for Why Police screamed blue murder over an Independent Authority is going from Administrators Of to Regulators Of. Anything they want will be passed by Order In Council and with $200 Million+ to play with, and that will increase, Mike McIlraith is Empire Building and like before those monies will be diverted which is why NZ Police will present no background as to how the new Fees were arrived at. As for rolling out Cahill, he is the pet attack dog for PNHQ, nothing more but gun owners know this. My and your Taxes have already paid for the NZ Police. The End.
    veitnamcam, Slug, Pengy and 12 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OGM View Post
    Seems a bunch of folks (including some here) have been blaming the Police for giving the terrorist a license. As usual the government always has an answer and that's more bureaucracy and associated costs.

In any case no way does $126.50 cover costs.

My general sense is it will go to somewhere between $400-700. They are obviously considering a time payment option and I think this would be a good idea.

If its a quote in the media I suggest to disregard it. I trust the media less then used car sales and real estate agents.
    Wrong. Firearms licensing is listed by Police as a public safety benefit. If the beneficiary of the 'safety benefits' is the public, let the public pay. I contest the reason Police don't want public funding is it requires an onerous and extremely detailed accounting of what the funds are spent on, whereas user pays can be 'creatively accounted' with less oversight.
    veitnamcam, Slug, TeRei and 12 others like this.

Seems a bunch of folks (including some here) have been blaming the Police for giving the terrorist a license. As usual the government always has an answer and that's more bureaucracy and associated costs.

My general sense is it will go to somewhere between $400-700. They are obviously considering a time payment option and I think this would be a good idea.

If its a quote in the media I suggest to disregard it. I trust the media less then used car sales and real estate agents.
    As long as criminals are charged for wasting police time as well, it’s only fair, if you’re looking at charging police time.
    They are blatantly trying to price as out of our sport.
    Slug, Pengy, timattalon and 8 others like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    I made a submission and in doing so gave them a serve but all the while expected my words to be completely ignored. The outcome of the consultation will be what the Police want it to be and nothing we do or say will change that outcome. That said, I for one will never give them the satisfaction of relinquishing my chosen sport because of their efforts to make me do so.
    rugerman, 308, Ranger 888 and 3 others like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

He stated it in an interview, some time ago.
    ‘Facts don’t care about your feelings’

I pointed out in mine that the costs of a passport are not the full costs, neither is the costs for a Drivers license. In fact many of these are not fully charged. The full costs of criminal action are not passed on to the criminals (prosecution costs, processing costs, remand costs) so why should a firearms license be any different? If they started fully recovering costs for these then fine, I would accept a lift in fees- but if that is the case, then taxes would not need to be so high as they are recovering costs from users.
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    As long as criminals are charged for wasting police time as well, it’s only fair, if you’re looking at charging police time.
    They are blatantly trying to price as out of our sport.
    The proposal document admits that
    Maca49 likes this.

I for one would like to see that the costs are broken down for all to see if they are going to hike the price of a licence.

That only seems fair to see where the money is going.

In reality I highly doubt it's going to cost $700 plus dollars. Remember its a Govt Dept. They do not pay well for non sworn staff to do anything.
    ($700 / $30 phr is 23.3 hrs of labour.)

I would like to see the interviewers who come to your house well paid. That is the only way that an interviewer of any quality will consider doing the job. Paying peanuts and employing retirees' is not the answer.

Astute, intelligent, experienced interviewers with behavioural science skills is what are required. If this had been done years ago certain events could possibly have been avoided before they even started.

Thats my 2 cents anyway. Sometimes to save money you have to spend money in the right places.

Ned
    Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    Every task the Police perform is 100% funded by the tax payer already.

Will we have to pay when we roll up to a drink/drive checkpoint? I see no difference between police conducting breathe testing or firearms related work yet one group js paying and one is not.
    Not just drink check points. Imagine if your driver license had to fund all of road policing. What would an argument be that there is a difference between being licensed to drive v a license to use a firearm?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    it's that liar again, the one who lied about not needing a license to buy ammo, 0 integrity.
    Yep. Total tugboat.

I am actually pro user pays, but here where it gets interesting.

Going to piss our rugby lovers off, you want to play Rugby you need private insurance, boxing , mountain biking all sports with injury potential you pay insurance. Tourists must have full insurance to travel here.
    The guy that buys an electric chain saw, and cuts himself, why should I as a person in the industry have to pay 12% when he’s a banker playing 3% and way more lighty to cut himself .

I know is having payed 10 -12% for 40 years when I need an operation, ACC claimed it was Old Age.

All food for thought!

Rant Over!
    7mmwsm, JoshC, Pengy and 10 others like this.