Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jamie

Thread: Beretta kick off 2 is it worth it?

Beretta kick off 2 is it worth it?

Iv got a beretta xtrema a391 that needs a new recoil pad, while looking around Iv come across a kickoff 2 system on special for $299 on special from gun city
    https://www.guncity.com/beretta-part...-system-349331

For those who have used the kick off system is it a gimmic or is it worth the likely $220 more than just a simple recoil pad

I'm pretty tempted to be honest so it's more are these complete marketing or are they the business?

No experience with an A391 but going from a standard stocked gun to my new A400 last year was soo good. Definitely noticed a difference

I’ve got an xtrema 350 with that recoil pad and I don’t think it’s that effective, its nowhere near as good as xtrema 400 kick off system, and my neighbour who has dodgy shoulder used mine for a weekend and said it did his shoulder no good. I reckon it’s a bit of marketing hype, it might lessen it a bit, but if your shoulders a bit dodgy like my ol mate neighbour, I personally don’t think it won’t help much. Kinda a complex system internally too with springs and plastic compression tubes with thin rubber outer sleeve, that overtime could possibly break down after being soaked in mud water beer and excess gun oil.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    I’ve got an xtrema 350 with that recoil pad and I don’t think it’s that effective, its nowhere near as good as xtrema 400 kick off system, and my neighbour who has dodgy shoulder used mine for a weekend and said it did his shoulder no good. I reckon it’s a bit of marketing hype, it might lessen it a bit, but if your shoulders a bit dodgy like my ol mate neighbour, I personally don’t think it won’t help much. Kinda a complex system internally too with springs and plastic compression tubes with thin rubber outer sleeve, that overtime could possibly break down after being soaked in mud water beer and excess gun oil.
    Does yours have the kick off or the standard geltec pad like mine?
    My shoulders are fine with recoil but it's not something I enjoy

Mines got the beretta kickoff system same as in your link. I don’t think it makes much difference, but I’m also not too bothered with recoil. When I run 3.5inch crackers it kicks like a mule and that’s when I thought it’d really make a difference. A decent recoil pad would probably be better and simpler I reckon.
    Bill999 likes this.

Cheers mate I think I'll use it as is then and upgrade to the later model down the road

No worries mate, the xtrema a400 with the kick off and compression stock is nice recoil wise but my a350 xtrema poverty pack just has kickoff, but was about a grand cheaper.