Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Black Lab Temperment

The Original Striker
    Oh we loved him alight, him on a very Fucking expensive strict six month specialty vet diet and lost all of 5kg. I dont think we would have got him much under 55kg even working him hard as hell. the only way he lost weight was cancer. Ill see if I can get pics of his parents if I see his breeder over new years (one size down from a saint bernard)
    Bigger Better Faster Stronger
    Handle the Jandle, or get off the Beach

The Original Striker

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Hes got a little tooo good condition on there. Thing is with Labs, if they are allowed to remain overweight, by the time they are 5 or 6 years old they already look 10. No fun at all.
    Damn straight. That's a big lab, but he's a big fat lab that would lose weight with work. Sorry, don't mean to offend, just how it is ... REALLY!

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by striker View Post

This is Buster. In his prime he was around about 65-75 kg, He wasnt overly fat but just a totaly solid build.He would never bite ya, lick you to death more like it, be a bit roudy untill he got to know ya though.
    Had another one just as big growing up but he got hit by the speeding wankers down the road. at the mess of the car the cops said they were doing over 150km/h
    Not trying to be nasty but he looks like a small horse.
    I try to keep my bitch about 26-28kgs as someone said so you can see the last couple of ribs.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

Has fatty passed away seem like your talking in past tense Striker?I got a mate with a 55kg black lab.
    My black lab bitch is fat but must be the small breed cause shes little.
    Name:  PA082072.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  87.2 KB
    Name:  PA082073.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  94.3 KB
    Waiting for milk from milkvat

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    . About two weeks ago the dog just started gaining fat rapidly. Like visibly. Something must have gone wrong inside her and now she is just pouring on fat.

She must have just got married???

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    She must have just got married???
    Ha ha ha ha... Sad but true
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Dependent on his genetics. Every population has anomalous individuals. Genetic fatness exists, its just not as common as the current batch of McDonalds inhaling lardos would like you to think it is. If a dog that size genetically had a metabolism that resisted weight loss, his hips would blow out long before you worked him slim. My bosses dog has aggressive cancer. They are long distance runners. About two weeks ago the dog just started gaining fat rapidly. Like visibly. Something must have gone wrong inside her and now she is just pouring on fat.
    You checked that he didn't possibly just change from one food to another. I get hundreds of dollar in free top quality dog food which cant use because the energy value(fat) is just too high. I just give it all away.. sacks and sacks of the stuff. MY Lab starts to gain weight withing a day or so if I give her even just a small handful a day. ..and she getting run free range on farmland 30 minutes daily. Now I just stick with scraps and plain old Tux these days.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    fuk thats a good age spanner
    Just checked. I made cockup. She's only 15.
    Been a year since I've seen her and she's pretty deaf now

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    Just checked. I made cockup. She's only 15.
    Been a year since I've seen her and she's pretty deaf now
    That still a good age for a Lab. I got 13 years with my first one.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    You checked that he didn't possibly just change from one food to another. I get hundreds of dollar in free top quality dog food which cant use because the energy value(fat) is just too high. I just give it all away.. sacks and sacks of the stuff. MY Lab starts to gain weight withing a day or so if I give her even just a small handful a day. ..and she getting run free range on farmland 30 minutes daily. Now I just stick with scraps and plain old Tux these days.
    On my way to your place with a Trailer.....

fuk bring me some free dog tucker HeadcaseSpanners 15 a bloody good age for the lab

15 is a good age for a lab. All mine seem to die around 12 average. Must be because I starve the buggers.........

Name:  luxie.jpg
Views: 1432
Size:  100.3 KB

Meet Luxie, She is a pound special and around 14 months old, from what we can work out she is some kind of Whippet/Black Lab cross - she has a much leaner body then your typical lab. She has been very, very easy to train. Would recommend a black lab to any family.

Could be but I wouldn;t be surprised if she's got a bit (maybe even half) pointer there looking at the muzzle and stop. Looks like a nice worker.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
    On my way to your place with a Trailer.....
    Fuck off, it's all gone.