Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Tigr 7,62x54R rifles

res
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashnikovNZ View Post
    "Free Trade Agreement" is a term which means - US companies can sell what they like and US goverment can control what they accept. Free trade, is another throwaway phrase to distract the sheepeople. The reality is that the current [soon to be replaced] Reserve Currency is the US dollar and US banks act as Intermediary Banks in money transfers between countries. With illegal sanctions applied to Russian companies and individulas, money cannot be transfered for goods and services to those Russian companies and persons. Countries under US domination - like Panama, have seized shipments from Russia when entering their ports or jurisdiction. The market is played with loaded dice.
    What does the USA have to do with this? They are not involved in the NZ-Russia fta, or several others that NZ has in place.

Sounds like a stupid ideological rant to me
    Using Tapatalk

So why is it that Gun City can sell a Tigr with the same device attached to the muzzle as A cat. When I inquired with them, I was told it was a muzzle brake and not a problem. Why is their situation different to yours? I already have a Tigr in 308 and would seriously consider a long barrel 54R, but only in semi auto.

[QUOTE=jim160;425269]That may be the case but why are they advertised as a single shot that operates with a short stroke gas system. The advert says it has a 7 shot mag yet the picture says it comes with a 10 shot mag.

Maybe the description should be more accurate.

It says in once it's a singleshot aand then goes on abot the gas system. I thought it was a semi by the description.[/QUOTE

The std 10 round mag is fitted with a stopper to allow only 7 rounds to be loaded. Removing it is easy but you would then be in possession of an E cat mag

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    What does the USA have to do with this? They are not involved in the NZ-Russia fta, or several others that NZ has in place.

Sounds like a stupid ideological rant to me
    Read the post - nothing political - just facts. US currency is the Reserve Currency and US banks control the flow of it through Intermediary Banks in the US. As the US has posted unlawful scanctions on Russia and Russian citizens, US Banks deny transfer of money to them. Without the flow of currency, there is no trade.

As for controlling others - we have documents which clearly show that a foreign nation unlawfully detained thre containers of product from Russia and would not let it be transfered, because of US sanctions.

So explain how a FTA with Russia benefits NZ when the US impose their own rules?
    Evil is when good men do nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dedubyah View Post
    So why is it that Gun City can sell a Tigr with the same device attached to the muzzle as A cat. When I inquired with them, I was told it was a muzzle brake and not a problem. Why is their situation different to yours? I already have a Tigr in 308 and would seriously consider a long barrel 54R, but only in semi auto.

Not sure we understand the issue here - in our earlier posts, we noted that the barrel extension was a Muzzle Break and therefore, legal under the terms of the E Cat rule. As the firearm is NOT semi-automatic, we can sell it with a 10 round magazine. We noted that the firearm was made specifically for the UK market as a manual operated firearm and imported into NZ.

If you don't want a bolt action TIGR, that's fine - we will be importing the semi-auto versions later.
    199p likes this.

[QUOTE=dedubyah;426547]
    Quote Originally Posted by jim160 View Post
    That may be the case but why are they advertised as a single shot that operates with a short stroke gas system. The advert says it has a 7 shot mag yet the picture says it comes with a 10 shot mag.

It says in once it's a singleshot aand then goes on abot the gas system. I thought it was a semi by the description.[/QUOTE

The std 10 round mag is fitted with a stopper to allow only 7 rounds to be loaded. Removing it is easy but you would then be in possession of an E cat mag

Yeah, we take a canning on this - the description was not clear at all and was caused by problems associated with having the web site designed in Russia with input from NZ. [And time constraints].

We are working with Kalashnikov Concern to have this description corrected and the issue made clearer. We appologise for the confusion that this has caused.

[QUOTE=dedubyah;426547]
    Quote Originally Posted by jim160 View Post
    That may be the case but why are they advertised as a single shot that operates with a short stroke gas system. The advert says it has a 7 shot mag yet the picture says it comes with a 10 shot mag.

E-Cat is only comes into play if its Semi Auto Bolt is fine to have large mag with

Care to define the difference between a muzzle brake and a flash hider? As far as my understanding goes, a flash hider has horizontal slots and a muzzle brake has vertical slots. That is how it was explained to me by an arms officer, which clearly makes this a hider, not a brake.

Quote Originally Posted by peril 787b View Post
    Care to define the difference between a muzzle brake and a flash hider? As far as my understanding goes, a flash hider has horizontal slots and a muzzle brake has vertical slots. That is how it was explained to me by an arms officer, which clearly makes this a hider, not a brake.
    The rule is stupid anyway. It was a miss-conceived idea by someone who has no idea about firearms. A flash suppressor is not designed to hide the flash from the enemy but stop you being blinded by the flash on firing. They generally have slots all the way around and in some cases none facing up (to avoid hot gas entering the sight picture. If the slots face upward and sideways to reduce muzzle climb (as a muzzle break) it will have the opposite effect by making the flash more visible to the shooter. If you look on the Kalashnikov Group web page you will see what I mean. The muzzle attachment doesn't look like a flash hider to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    The rule is stupid anyway. It was a miss-conceived idea by someone who has no idea about firearms. A flash suppressor is not designed to hide the flash from the enemy but stop you being blinded by the flash on firing.
    I thought it was designed to look scary and intimidating, just like pistol grips are.

Look at the first really recognised use of a Flash Eliminator – one on the .303 No. 5 [Jungle Carbine, as it is often called]. It is a solid cone and deflects the flash away from the shooter. It is not a flash hider!

Muzzle breaks have all manner of holes and slots – many actually divert the flash back toward the shooter.

I test fired a selection of firearms in Russia and one of them , a VEPR had a new muzzle break on it – I had been shooting without ear protection and finding the report quite acceptable [have gunner’s ear from my military days anyway] but when I fired the VEPR, it was like getting hit by Henry Cooper in the left ear-hole! The muzzle break on the VEPR directed a huge amount of the report back at the shooter.

Anyway, it was a stupid rule, thought up by simple people to try to limit access to military firearms in the mistaken belief that somehow, military firearms will kill more people than sporting firearms. They miss the whole concept that people kill people, not the firearm. Same rationale as the stupid reporters who go nuts over how many firearms a person has in a cache – “He has over 30 firearms hoarded in his house!”. So!?? How many can he fire at a time? It maybe a different matter if he handed out 30 firearms to some gang and they all shot as some small militia. But sadly, I know of no way that one trigger finger can fire 30 firearms – I’m working on it though.
    308 and sometimes like this.

Dear all,

Everyone wants to hit his/her target. Besides skills and high precision firearm you also need high quality ammunition. Please, see the video down below about selecting right ammo for your Tigr.

Don't forget to visit our website REPUBLIC ARMS Ltd for more info!

Thanks all!

@KalashnikovNZ will you be stocking the original laminated woodwork for the TIGR?

@300_BLK, Thank you very much in your interest in Kalashnikov Group products! Right now, we are collecting orders. Next shipment will be in July-August. I have to tell you that laminated version will be more expensive than plastic one.

Dear all,

Please, check down below overview of scopes you can mount on your Tigr's dovetail.

Here >>> SVD, PSL, Tigr, RomAK-3 - POSP/PSO - Rifle Scopes

Also, don't forget to to visit our NZ website REPUBLIC ARMS Ltd for more details.

Thanks!