Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 300nosler / 300 blaser 7mm blaser velocitys with heavy bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post
    7FX 180gr Bergers at 3,400fps +

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    That is crazy speed. big boys toys.

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dicko View Post
    yeah add it to the list of maybe. the brake seems like quite a disadvantage hunting. suppressor is easy on the ears.
    I'm not 100% I understand why someone wants a bigger LR type calibre that generally needs a 26" or longer barrel to get the best out of it and then turns around and chops it short to supress or puts a supressor on a long barrel?

If it's a longer range rifle then run a brake. Better recoil reduction to spot shots and a brake doesn't add much length. If you are worried about spooking something up close then carry the rifle without the brake on it and then screw it on for longer shots when you (generally) have plenty of time.

If you want to supress it, then whatever people are quoting in terms of performance is likely irrelevant unless they are running a shorter supressed rifle. Or accept a reduction in performance and pick a better chambering for suppressing. Sure you can run faster powder in short barrels to gain back speed but that has a few disadvantages, its bloody hard on supressors and faster recoil velocity.

Just my opinion

Kiwi Greg, 199p, Rich007 and 2 others like this.
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post
    I'm not 100% I understand why someone wants a bigger LR type calibre that generally needs a 26" or longer barrel to get the best out of it and then turns around and chops it short to supress or puts a supressor on a long barrel?

If it's a longer range rifle then run a brake. Better recoil reduction to spot shots and a brake doesn't add much length. If you are worried about spooking something up close then carry the rifle without the brake on it and then screw it on for longer shots when you (generally) have plenty of time.

If you want to supress it, then whatever people are quoting in terms of performance is likely irrelevant unless they are running a shorter supressed rifle. Or accept a reduction in performance and pick a better chambering for suppressing. Sure you can run faster powder in short barrels to gain back speed but that has a few disadvantages, its bloody hard on supressors and faster recoil velocity.

Just my opinion

Im going to run a 26inch barrel im not going to cut it down. its going to be a gong/ hunting gun. needs to be light weight. i may end up with a suppressor and a break. at the moment i have a rem mag with a 24 inch barrel and i have that suppressed. thats a good call you make a. i havnt missed a deer yet maybe i need to back myself. and im not about to blast up every animal on the face either.