Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

308 150 Nosler BT 2208

Helped a friend get started with reloading his factory Rem 700 SPSS 308 24" barrel over the weekend.
    He used a Lee Collet die to neck size.
    Hornady brass
    Federal LR primer They are a VERY tight fit in the Hornady brass
    150 Nosler BT (seated to fit in the mag)
    ADI 2208

The ADI manual said 47gr was max with vel of 2937 with 24"barrel

We did one round each at 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 gr and shot them over the chrony. Can't remember all the velocities but 48gr gave us 2875ish. So we then loaded up 3 at 48gr, 3 at 48.5gr and 3 at 49 gr.

48gr averaged 2875ish, 48.5gr averaged 2900ish and 49gr averaged 2935ish. None showed any pressure signs.
    The 48.5gr group was a clover leaf.
    He is now going to load up a few more at 48.5 and 49 and see which consistently groups well.

Not bad for only 14 rounds fired so far.

I love it when load developmet goes smoothly like that. When I swapped to Bergers in the 7mm mag it took me 9 shots to hit my final load, went home and loaded more to double check and got the same clover leaf so stuck with that.

Some of the Hornady brass may need a bit taken off around the primer pocket. Not an obvious crimp, but I've had some mixed with cases with no issue. Looking at the case, the ones causing the issue seemed to be a different design, even with the Hornady name on it.
    Welcome to Sako club.