Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The 6.5-06 gets an upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    Well it would but why would you run a 280ai with a 26 inch barrel at 2900 fps?
    Well the data I have a few run 3000 but most are 2900 & even at 3000 the 162 is still just behind ballisticly but ahead in energy

The 280ai at 3000 puts the 7mmRem mag to shame unless you stoke it right up, most seem to do 3050-3100

Looking forward to getting my 280ai back with a 24" barrel instead of 22, won't be running N560 though

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    Well the data I have a few run 3000 but most are 2900 & even at 3000 the 162 is still just behind ballisticly but ahead in energy

The 280ai at 3000 puts the 7mmRem mag to shame unless you stoke it right up, most seem to do 3050-3100

Looking forward to getting my 280ai back with a 24" barrel instead of 22, won't be running N560 though
    Why not? I just switched to it and so far, it blows the RL powders I was using away.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Why not? I just switched to it and so far, it blows the RL powders I was using away.
    I have decided to run my customer rifles on ADI powders because they are clean burning, cheap, temp stable & easy to get
    I don't mind sacrificing a bit of speed to gain those points.
    I can't see the sense in trying to sell calibre X saying it goes X fast with say R17, N570 or US869 when they are a pain in the butt.
    Having said that I might try some loads with N560 just to see what it goes like

R93
    I have decided to run my customer rifles on ADI powders because they are clean burning, cheap, temp stable & easy to get
    I don't mind sacrificing a bit of speed to gain those points.
    I can't see the sense in trying to sell calibre X saying it goes X fast with say R17, N570 or US869 when they are a pain in the butt.
    Having said that I might try some loads with N560 just to see what it goes like
    Cool, I thought you may have had problems with it. I have found it extremely consistent and seems to suit the 06 perfectly. It should go well in the AI version as well fingers crossed.

Well the data I have a few run 3000 but most are 2900 & even at 3000 the 162 is still just behind ballistic but ahead in energy

What Data? I have an average 2950 with 23-24 inch barrels, over 4 different rifles( mines getting up over 1500rds no noticeable change in velocity or accuracy). and yes the difference from 6.5 to 7mm isn't big but thats the world of ballistics, it goes ahead in very small steps.
    But you are arguing that a smaller bullet is better than a bigger bullet so the real question is who are you and what have you done with Greg?
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

What Data? I have an average 2950 with 23-24 inch barrels, over 4 different rifles( mines getting up over 1500rds no noticeable change in velocity or accuracy). and yes the difference from 6.5 to 7mm isn't big but thats the world of ballistics, it goes ahead in very small steps.
    But you are arguing that a smaller bullet is better than a bigger bullet so the real question is who are you and what have you done with Greg?
    Lol The same Greg is here & I thought I was discussing...

Data from here .280 Ackley @ www.reloadersnest.com

The 6.5 does have some merit, lack of recoil etc....but a 7mm will last longer......

Horses for courses, but I was surprised by the how close they were.

Really looking forward to trying different brass & powders in the 280ai with the pressure gear on

Then you should use the same source for the 6.5-06ai data where they also show a spread from 2975 up to 3110 but I think the powder choices are poor for both cals on most of those options. Vit n165 and n560 are the 2 best from what I seen, I'v stayed with the single based n165 as its been very consistant through the seasons. Recoil? you really think you'll notice the difference between a 140 at 3100 and a 162 at 3000? Be interesting to see some psi numbers on the ackley rounds. Mines lightish I think just going on brass life as as im over 12 reloads on the nosler brass but still pushing the amax at 2925 from a 23".

R93
    Then you should use the same source for the 6.5-06ai data where they also show a spread from 2975 up to 3110 but I think the powder choices are poor for both cals on most of those options. Vit n165 and n560 are the 2 best from what I seen, I'v stayed with the single based n165 as its been very consistant through the seasons. Recoil? you really think you'll notice the difference between a 140 at 3100 and a 162 at 3000? Be interesting to see some psi numbers on the ackley rounds. Mines lightish I think just going on brass life as as im over 12 reloads on the nosler brass but still pushing the amax at 2925 from a 23".
    All data I have seen and researched on the 65-06 standard is ridiculous compared to reality and my experience with it. The AI I doubt will be any different. They will both perform way better than any data I have seen on the net.
    I could get 3150 with 140's with the standard. I cant see it being any different with the AI. I will be using 130's. in the AI and it should be sweet around 3100-3150.

Yes interenet speeds are useless. But my 7mm bullet will always be better than your 6.5mm bullet beause it will be launched from a redneck homophobic made in america rifle and yours will be launched from a .. thats right a blaser Isnt a blazer like a cardigan

Yes interenet speeds are useless. But my 7mm bullet will always be better than your 6.5mm bullet beause it will be launched from a redneck homophobic made in america rifle and yours will be launched from a .. thats right a blaser Isnt a blazer like a cardigan
    Nope a cardigan is more useful

R93
    A blazer is a jacket that can be worn for casual dinner dress, usually by the upper class, (so its highly likely you 2 bogans dont own one for that reason) or used to display a patch, noting membership too a club or team.

A Blaser however, is a piece of superior germanic engineering that only upper class, really, really good looking hunters may own.
    However, I do admitt to being a redneck and homophobic but it seems I slipped thru the selection process that governs superior firearms ownership
    If you's like, I could post photo's of a real rifle, so that you can copy them in order to view them by torch light, under your bed covers.
    Last edited by R93; 04-07-2012 at 07:22 PM.
    Spanners, redbang and muzr257 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    A blazer is a jacket that can be worn for casual dinner dress, usually by the upper class, (so its highly likely you 2 bogans dont own one for that reason) or used to display a patch, noting membership too a club or team.

A Blaser however, is a piece of superior germanic engineering that only upper class, really, really good looking hunters may own.
    However, I do admitt to being a redneck and homophobic but it seems I slipped thru the selection process that governs superior firearms ownership
    If you's like, I could post photo's of a real rifle, so that you can copy them in order to view them by torch light, under your bed covers.
    Ah that explains the blaser owners need to give it a straight pull then shoot.
    Actually its just my rifle thats homophobic.
    Last edited by sneeze; 04-07-2012 at 07:35 PM.
    Spanners likes this.

R93
    Ah that explains the blaser owners need to give it a straight pull then shoot
    Its called utilizing muscle memory to its full effect
    Spanners and sneeze like this.

AB Precision
    Shes sexc there davey boy. An other project, tube on its wat today