Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 6.5 grendel projectiles and powder results.

northdude
    the only other powder ive got is lil gun but that might blow my gun up im experimenting with the powders i have on hand as i dont really want to but it looks like im going to end up with 200000 different powders. I also realise theres no 1 powder for every thing out of the powders on hand to try i have 2206h 2208 2209 2217 2219 and lil gun and cfe

2219 will work great, why don't you use that?
    Resident 6.5 Grendel aficionado.

northdude
    sorry thought something didnt sound right had another look at the label on the ammo box and my retarded 9 looks like a 7

northdude
    had a quick shot over the chrony using 30gr 2219 85gr sierra hp 2835fps av

I've got a mate who I'm going to shout some rounds for his grendel.

So for his purposes( fallow, reds, goats etc).

I was looking at the 107gr Sierra TMK. They do a 130gr version but I cant find any 107s ?

My theory was drive a 107gr TMK slightly quicker and being that their a relatively soft bullet from my experience in 7mm and 30cal so from Grendel velocities they'd be a good all rounder?

northdude
    I've found these seem to hang together ok I've only dug them out of a clay bank tho. I want to get it dailed in first tho it's a neat little round but as with any caliber you have to be mindful of its limitations.150 would be my max for shooting animals with any caliber and that should be well within the limits of the grendel