Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By LJPRMC

Thread: 7 mm PRC load ADI 2217

Big_Les

Smile 7 mm PRC load ADI 2217

7mm PRC .For comment , discussion and maybe use . Firstly know that i only use Gordons Reloading tool .
    This commentary concerns a 7mm prc Mossberg patriot, progressing loads . This load is the equivalent load of H1000 , but in ADI 2217 . In 2217 , the load is "softer" to the feel on my shoulder . There is about 30 ft/sec difference compared to the H1000 , in that the 2217 is the "slower" . The 2217 shot less than MOA at 100 and 400 yards ( 0.324 MOA ) Note both powders have been reworked ( in The GRT Tool ) to allow for the Fed 215 magnum primers . Note also that in this rifle , accuracy drops off after 3 rounds because the barrell and suppressor get Hot . After at 20 min cool with suppressor off then back on, the rifle shoots just as well . I have loaded and fired new ADG , and twice fired ADG . There is no difference in how the load works . I have also loaded Hornady Brass and for the same load ( and i dont know why ) Hornady brass is much more likely to deliver a sticky bolt lift .In my opinion ( so far ) this load shoots better than the various other loads in both RL 26 and H1000 . All the loads have been in the range of 67.4 to 68.5 and all at 3.300 COAL . A final note about the rifle . Its an out of the box new Mossberg Patriot , I have adjusted the trigger to 1.5 lbs and mounted a Swaroski 3.5 -18 X 44 . Nothing else has been done and it sits in its "plastic" stock as delivered .
    For those that run GRT , i have a GRT file for upload , including a shot group analysis . PM me for a copy .

for those without GRT here are the metrics
    Case length 2.274
    Cartridge Volume 81.55grains H2O
    COAL 3.300
    Barrell 24 inch
    projectile eld-x 175 gr
    powder 2217 ... 68.00 grains ( note you need to use Magnum primers, FEDERAL 215 are best )
    Velocity 2940 ft/sec

NOTE . this load is capable of being ignited by standard primers , but the expected power and velocity will be much lower . expect velocity of less than 2850 ft/sec potentially some smoke as well . I have not ignited the load with standard Large rifle primers myself .

Here is the usual warning . These results are out of my mossberg 24 inch patriot . Your results maybe different . More than 68.5 grains of any powder is HOT in my rifle . workup you loads safely .
    cheers
    les