Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 7 prc Sammi

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    So you were hoping for a SAUM? Yea iv being hunting for 180s for a long time moving my attention to 195s now . Like a slightly shortened LRM with a shorter neck
    Pretty much more brass availability factory clambering with decent twists etc. If like the 6.5prc many extended mag short actions etc. I have some 195s that I would trade if you do sort out 180s. I also would have liked a 7mm Creed as well to suit the 162s

Sweet looking caliber but the saums not going to be replaced. be sweet when lapua start making brass for it. Eventually the saum may get lapua brass the way its being used in f class ect.
    GWH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
    Pretty much more brass availability factory clambering with decent twists etc. If like the 6.5prc many extended mag short actions etc. I have some 195s that I would trade if you do sort out 180s. I also would have liked a 7mm Creed as well to suit the 162s
    Few 7 creed wildcats about they seem to do well . Iv stopped looking for the 180s and will just look for 195s now . The 6.5 prc had it not being for the factory factor is a waste of time except it’s not because of the factory factor and fast twist factory rifles. It’s all in the marketing. The prc actually manages to paint the wheel and call it new with all the marketing hype and obviously us the consumer giving it the sales . They were clever with their Sammi specs . the 7 will be the same some where in the 8 twists heaps of hype heaps of factory rifles

Plenty saum brass but the factory factor is beyond pour but that leaves room for really light weight slap together bitsa rifles with the appropriate sized actions

Quote Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
    I've got a 7mm Creed that throws the 160tmk @2880fps with 41.3gr 2208.....
    Works mint for me, longest kills being 2 goats at 725meters
    Mick Hunter likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Sweet looking caliber but the saums not going to be replaced. be sweet when lapua start making brass for it. Eventually the saum may get lapua brass the way its being used in f class ect.xm might be a little short but would work

Quote Originally Posted by lau lau View Post
    Thats amazingly efficient.
    lau lau likes this.

I was hoping they would do it off the 300 prc but this sounds pretty cool. I reckon that by the time these reach nz in 5 or 6 years I'll be ready for one

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dicko View Post
    Sweet looking caliber but the saums not going to be replaced. be sweet when lapua start making brass for it. Eventually the saum may get lapua brass the way its being used in f class ect.xm might be a little short but would work

Doesn’t need it it has ADG
    GWH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lau lau View Post

That is very good bbl length?

40inchs lol.

Doesn’t need it it has ADG
    I think lapua is still king of the hill. But adg is tough as.

I know it seems stupid complaining that it's not a SA cartridge as that'd be basically replicating the SAUM but that's what every new popular Hornady cartridge has been.
    6.5 Creedmoor, 6 Creed, 6.5 PRC, 300 PRC all had exisiting cartridges that performed basically the same, it's just Hornady made a few tweaks to the designs to make them as fit for purpose as possible rather than a design from the 70s that has some short comings.

What the Hornady cartridges bring is availability, be it factory rifles, ammo, brass in decent quanities and backing from the likes of other companies (like Lapua).
    The 7SAUM is definitely becoming more popular around the world and you can get brass from a few places now, but the 260rem was still somewhat popular when the 6.5CM came out yet it managed to bring availability to a whole new level.
    muzr257 likes this.

24inches
    Mick Hunter likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rated M for Magnum View Post
    I was hoping they would do it off the 300 prc but this sounds pretty cool. I reckon that by the time these reach nz in 5 or 6 years I'll be ready for one
    7-375R 7 blaser mag 7 LRM fast twist 7RM all fit that bill mate none factory iv corse