Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 7 prc Sammi

Yep its another re invention of the wheel but it appears while its a wheel it an improved wheel ,there are probaly more out there that just like to be able to walk in store and grab a packet of the shelf and given the track record of all these new hornady wheels they work and work well without the need to delive in the dark art /cost of reloading and for most that coupled with a smart marketing plan will sell them . The 6.5 saum may be better than the 6.5 prc but the prc is far more convieniant and thus more popular . I like the idea of this one and it might just be a goer
    veitnamcam, 199p and Kelton like this.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpamac View Post
    Greetings @Tim Dicko,
    I am rather loath to admit that the rifle has fired barely 50 rounds. The factory 150 grain Corekokt loads chronographed 3,080 fps and handloads with the same projectile and 68 grains of AR2217 (Hodgdons ADI max) produced 2,985 fps. This was with Winchester WLR primers. I have since switched to Federal 215GM primers but have not chronographed that load. Initially I tried AR2213SC powder but couldn't reach 2,900 fps at book max. I have read that AR2209 works well in the SAUM but have not tried it yet.I tried the Hornady Amax projectile briefly but at 74mm oa it is a single load only and shot left of the 150 grain. Much more needs to be done which I must get on to.
    Regards Grandpamac.
    50 rounds you better get it back out and get it stacking em. The little rifles are more fun to shoot no doubt, they just don't carry the energy unfortunately. 2209 isnt as fast but would work if it was avalible. That arnt fussy on powder from what i have read. its only a matter of time before i own one. Accuracy beats horse power all day on game.