Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 7mm Rem Mag. 162 ELD-M vs ELD-X and 2217 vs 2225?

Quote Originally Posted by WOPASS View Post
    you all pussys

Sauer 202, 26" tube

162 Amax/eldx 74gn 2217 3200fps 3 shot 18mm groups (do not try this load as it is very hot and will probs blow the bolt out of most normal actions!!!) case life is marginal... but cases are cheap

tried 2225 and similar speeds but groups spread and wouldnt tighten up even going slower,

tried RL25 and got a good load but would change from tub to tub, gave up on that shit.
    That's 7stw speeds...

What chronograph ste you using?

ohh, and the difference between norma brass and FC brass was not really noticeable, there was more difference in my shooting.
    God only made a few perfect people, the rest shoot Right Handed...

Quote Originally Posted by stagstalker View Post
    Some good stuff there cheers everyone. I’m going to crack on with norma brass, fed primers, 162 ELD-X and adi 2217 and see how we get on.
    I'm no expert but the good boys on this forum put me onto that exact formula except I use federal match primers and if you start on the light side with the powder as someone else has mentioned and work your way up then you can't go wrong. I would buy a large quantity of powder as each batch can vary as I found out, I was using 71.5 grains but had to drop to 69.5 grains with the new batch because the new powder was really hot.
    When hunting think safety first

if you have not made up your mind yet, have a look at RL-26.

I tried 2217 amd 2225 i found 2225 to have slight edge on 168gr and above 2217 162 and below. Tikka action getting over 3050-3100fps 26" barrel

Tikka T3 - 162 A Max, 73grs of 2217, mag fit @ 2980 fps. also reload for another friend using 162sst with 73grs of 2225 at 3030fps also a tikka t3
    Tikka7mm08 likes this.

Pro Chrono, lowest 3185 highest 3210 so average @3200
    God only made a few perfect people, the rest shoot Right Handed...

N560 would prob give better speed over the adi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts