Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: ADI 2225 anemic compared to old batch ?

so worst ES is still less than 50....you have your load sorted...dont use the chrono again and be happy chappy....
    great to see you shooting tiny wee groups,thats a dead deer out as far as you can hold it steady....ooops no excuses now bud LOL.
    dannyb and DBD like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    so worst ES is still less than 50....you have your load sorted...dont use the chrono again and be happy chappy....
    great to see you shooting tiny wee groups,thats a dead deer out as far as you can hold it steady....ooops no excuses now bud LOL.
    Normally I like my ES to be under 20fps or preferebly single digits but in the current situation with component availability I'm not gonna tutu with this load (70gn) clearly it shoots incredibly well and like you said "dead deer out as far" and likely farther than I'll ever likely shoot it, no excuses.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

Im going to hold you to that one bud...NO TOOTOOING or else....... leave the plurry load alone
    by all means "chuck together" a spook n shoot" with something cheap......LOL.
    the amount of components you fellas use on paper makes a tight wad like me cringe.
    Mooseman and dannyb like this.

Some 160gn partitions would be awesome but never seen em in the shops and they ain't bloody cheap either
    Micky Duck likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

I did offer you some 150 grain grand slams LOL.... will keep an eye out for 160grn partitions...
    dannyb likes this.

You are shooting very well Danny, certainly should be a good load near or far, I am with Micky on ammo usage in current times. Took my 300 Rum out yesterday to check scope tracking and only fired 6 shots and the scope seemed to move according to clicks so all good , I burnt 558 grs of powder in those few shots so a pound don't last long.
    Micky Duck and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    I did offer you some 150 grain grand slams LOL.... will keep an eye out for 160grn partitions...
    Its not a need, more of a want. The eldx are good near or far I can get federal fusion 150gn and they would likely do just as good for a close up load.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    You are shooting very well Danny, certainly should be a good load near or far, I am with Micky on ammo usage in current times. Took my 300 Rum out yesterday to check scope tracking and only fired 6 shots and the scope seemed to move according to clicks so all good , I burnt 558 grs of powder in those few shots so a pound don't last long.
    Thanks its the rifle it just fits me so well its just easy for me to shoot it well. One day when the right barrel comes along I will re barrel it to a 20" 300wsm but there's no rush to do that with the way it currently shoots
    Mooseman likes this.
    #DANNYCENT