Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: is anyone considering shot shell reloading with the prices going up?

Im seriously looking at it if the right powders become available, but its only because i have an antique shotgun that I need to keep the chamber pressure low.
    Surat likes this.

I have powders, but shot shells use a ton of it. I can load 4-5 45ACP from one 12g shell. And a couple of 30 cal rifle loads with cast bullets.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

You can still buy Classic Lee loaders. That's how I started.
    Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
    https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y

Quote Originally Posted by Old_School View Post
    Im seriously looking at it if the right powders become available, but its only because i have an antique shotgun that I need to keep the chamber pressure low.
    if not shooting at waterfowl...black smelly stuff is always an option.... bunnies wont know the difference.
    Surat likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Have various presses in different gauges.Load bismuth 12 gauge for ducks with devastating results. Trap ammo is now around 140 a slab so if you have the components and time its well worth it. But paying retail for components would make it a costly exercise. Im going to set up my 410 press tomorrow to do some loads for the up coming duck season. We have 2 junior shooters . So it is cost effective for there application.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    Had some spare time this afternoon,so made up a few .410 Roll Crimp tools......they will work in either a drill press or a hand drill.If anyone is interested contact Amanda or Renelle at Gunworks.
    $?
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

@GDMP. Are you going to stock any more mag tech brass shot shells? Keen on some. .410

Looking at loading some 410 bismuth .but looking for shot smaller than 6s .it's pretty pricey
    Micky Duck likes this.

Ive got several Mec presses, had to learn to load, was living in the Arctic, and shooting 16 ga,
    I buy up bits and pieces as i come across them, doesn’t make sense for 12 and 20 normally, but the last couple year’s you couldn’t get 20 ga any place in Canada for 18 months, so got a kit and swaped out the 28 ga press to 20ga, ended up loading about 500 rounds more for work mates as well.
    If you shoot sub gauge you should buy a roll crimper and a bag of wads, so you can make up a few shells if you get stuck,
    shananah likes this.

just wondered if there are any Pacific shot loaders around for sale or parts thanks