Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone reloading Falcon Club Hulls?

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    I have some of the green cases I'll dissect in the next few days
    I believe they mostly uses Cheddite products

Winchester started dropping 12 ga compression formed hulls 5 years ago and were going to drop their reloading wads shortly after , because they are not suited to the straight walled Reifenhauser cases . There has been an occasional problem with the reifenhauser type cases when reloaded when the case comes loose from the base wad on firing and goes as far as the choke and kablooy the barrel lets go . Or the case takes off with the shot then is left behind as an obstruction . The only thing I would reload with these cases is blanks for dog training
    Get as close as you can then six feet closer

Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    Winchester started dropping 12 ga compression formed hulls 5 years ago and were going to drop their reloading wads shortly after , because they are not suited to the straight walled Reifenhauser cases . There has been an occasional problem with the reifenhauser type cases when reloaded when the case comes loose from the base wad on firing and goes as far as the choke and kablooy the barrel lets go . Or the case takes off with the shot then is left behind as an obstruction . The only thing I would reload with these cases is blanks for dog training
    I would be interested to read of documented cases of that happening. And how often. Plenty of discussion on base wads on a US site. Just no examples. Would be interested to find out either way.
    Machete don't text!
    (.)(.) = :-)))

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulltahr View Post
    I would be interested to read of documented cases of that happening. And how often. Plenty of discussion on base wads on a US site. Just no examples. Would be interested to find out either way.
    From what I have seen online, base wads CAN move, but when you reload they are reseated
    There as been no incidence recorded via picture evidence of one being stuck in a barrel that I can find

I've fired enough ringers to know the hull goes out the barrel if the case separates
    PerazziSC3 likes this.

That's what I have heard also. Although they are supposed to be crimped in to hold them, so pushing them back down will not make them as "tight" , anyway as I have only heard of it on the internet, I think I shall carry on. (Pass me another beer and watch this!)
    Machete don't text!
    (.)(.) = :-)))

Can't beat a ringer for devastation at reasonable range... deadly

Quote Originally Posted by Bulltahr View Post
    Winchester gave this as their reason for stopping suppling wads ,
    Get as close as you can then six feet closer