Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: AR2217 for 6.5x55 Swede - anyone using

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetite View Post
    @Jhon have you managed to test the 2217 yet, how did it go?
    Made some loads up back then, had shoulder surgery Aug, relocated cities since, just back into range and field now. Hi on the list will post.
    Magnetite likes this.
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

Quote Originally Posted by grandpamac View Post
    Greetings All,
    Up to 1989 there were not a lot of powders a little bit slower than H or IMR4831 so a lot of load data usually showed the best results with these. Non canister powders like IMR7828 were used in factory loads like the 7mm Rem Mag and others but these were not available to the handloader until much later. The H4831 loads often gave the best results and a load like 60 grains of H4831 behind the 130 grain projectile in the .270 Win gained almost cult status and are used until today. This is what some of the newer powders fight against in these older cartridges. Newer cartridges are a different matter however. AR2217 is an excellent powder in a lot of todays cartridges and Hodgdon is slowly providing data for them.
    Regards Grandpamac.
    you ever tried to fit 60grns in ???? there aint much room to spare I can tell you that much LOL.....and I usually a few grains less than that.

I’ve gone to 63 gns @MD with a 130 in the .270W. You can do it if you have a longer throat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bos
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhon View Post
    Indeed it does. I had to go research the 6.5 06 not having come across it before. Ballistic Studies have an excellent article on it https://www.ballisticstudies.com/Kno...nd+6.5-06.html

Does not seem likely to cross over much on the 6.5x55 but I'm still learning

Amazing what you pick up on this forum and more amazing just what is out there being used in little ole Kiwi land!
    You're right, I load for a mates 6.5 x 55 and my own 6.5 06. 2209 seems to be everything you would want in a 6.5 55 like velocity, accuracy, and case-fill; always seems reliable. My 6.5 06 didn't like 2209 as much as Re 22 and 2213. Re 22 has been unavailable since last Nov but managed to get some 2213 last week out of the current shipment that is now circulating.
    Jhon likes this.