Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Beetroot
  • 1 Post By caberslash
  • 1 Post By johnd

Thread: BR4 Primers what to do

BR4 Primers what to do

Please NO PM'S

I have a dilema, I have a brick of these. I dont shoot them ( i use 450's) for a small primer.

Do I offer them here on a per sleeve basis to spread the love.
    Do I offer them here to help someone in Bench rest etc where these are sort after (the whole brick)
    Do I wait and see if I need them if the shortage continues?
    Do I put them on trade me and mine some gold.
    I have tried to do a trade for Rem 9 1/2 std primers that is my current go to large primer but no one has / wants to trade

I got these in a trade on here when I helped out someone that was after CCI200's ( it was my last brick of them)

Thoughts please.

Given the rest of the questions that your asking, TM is one that you have already ruled out, you might make $150 if you really want to gouge, which is probably below most peoples soul selling threshold.

Then your conundrum becomes one of two options. Keep or dispose. With a brick you have enough to ’straddle the fence’. You could keep 500 and sell 500 for a fair price. They don’t have to be cheap, most would be buyers can afford they just can’t find, they aren’t looking for a discount, most just prefer their need not to be taken advantage of.

That puts a meaningful 500 into someone’s usage and you keep a useful amount to keep yourself going if things get really dire.

If you want suggestions on how to distribute them should you decide to run with the above, maybe members that can demonstrate a selfless contribution in the past?.

I'd hang onto them, the BR4s should shoot exactly the same as the 450s so it'd be handy to have them in reserve.

You could sell them to me if you wanted, my stock of BR4s is looking very dire.
    Andygr likes this.

Yeah, if you are actively shooting and reloading keep em. If you are in my situation, winged on the RHS (shooting shoulder) and probably not going through to many in the next year or so while recuperating then you can probably afford to flick them off without running yourself out. The risk is selling them at today's prices, but if the shortage continues needing to replace them at tomorrow's prices. At the rate of price growth, consider wisely is the only advice I can offer.

Depends on how many 450’s you have and given your current usage, how long will they last? BR4’s are still available at Gunworks @$24/100 so not unobtanium unlike BR2’s. One brick is hardly hoarding so do some basic maths. At the very least you’ll be able to help someone here out of the shit if they get caught short over the next year or so.
    “Age is a very high price to pay for maturity”

Keep for when world currencies collapse and ammo becomes the defacto one.

BR4 good for small rifle primed 308 Palma/CM cases or hot 223's.

Also have a brick of BR4 that I probably won't use, but people start acting weird/playing hard to get once you want to make an honest swap, so they can get fucked, I'm sitting on mine!
    Andygr likes this.

Ammo without primers is like a car without spark plugs totally useless ID be keeping them especially with the way things are now

Thanks for the replies. Like many have suggested, I will hang on to them.
    caberslash likes this.