Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Moutere

Thread: Dust Control

Dust Control

I spend a bit of time cleaning up my cases and don't want to get dust or grit inside my dies.
    So while the cases are waiting for the next stage, I cover them with paper towels.

Name:  Dust control 1200 .jpeg
Views: 149
Size:  1.13 MB

I also cover them once they've got powder in them so insects or what not doesn't fall in.
    Once I had a frizzled insect that went too close to the light bulb drop onto the powder hopper. I keep the cover on that now !

The day after I finished that batch above some ants decided to evacuate their nest including egg/larvae in the rafters above all over the reloading bench. Luckily it was all cleared off by then.

Name:  Ants close up 480.jpeg
Views: 143
Size:  603.8 KB

Douse the place with X-IT ANT or Ripcord.
    tikka likes this.

Put some bait out which will get rid of them.
    Hawkeye.kiwi. ant gel

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

I thought they might have nested between the jarrah workbench and the plywood top then come out when I removed the bolts holding the press on. so was aboiut to put on some "ant sand".
    But no, they were sitting in the rafter and I brushed off the fluff stuff there and no more have fallen down over the next few hours. Will report back whether its permanent or not.
    It seems a general ant control program needs to start from the first day of Spring !