Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: ELD-M's

Next hunt is fallow end march and ave range 250-350 so if I use them instead of my usual sgk140 will report back The should have sloed down a bit by 300. Good old Kev. I miss that mate still.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Next hunt is fallow end march and ave range 250-350 so if I use them instead of my usual sgk140 will report back The should have sloed down a bit by 300. Good old Kev. I miss that mate still.
    They will be perfect for that man. I've killed quite a few animals now with the 162s in 7mm leaving at 2775. 5-550m and all dead.

The only thing I wouldn't do with em is try to punch em through a stags shoulder at close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Yeah was a horrible phonecall from Paula.
    I think those fallow are going to have a terrible time, will be lightsout!

Great tucker.
    Summer grass
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Quote Originally Posted by superdiver View Post
    Exactly the same with a different tip. Replaced the AMAX so hence why they are such good killers. You will find they work better with a slightly lower MV. Always ran any eldms i have used at no more than 2750fps (162 in 7mm, 140 in 6.5 and 168 in 308). Kevin(h&k man) got me onto them and have never looked back. Really keen to hear how the 130s go
    They aren't exactly the same. They are very close but they did change a few other things in them including tweaking the ogive (or whatever you call the profile at the front. As well as the boat tail on some. But performance wise none I have heard of functionally differ from the A maxs.

Shoot them in a 243 108gr eld-M a couple of fellow did not move a single step last June and a red yearling hind dropped on the spot 2 weeks back.

But son is pissed at me as I punched a hole in his Gun City Gong at 210 mtrs recently also with the ELD-M's.
    Z

@Woody I use the 120 Amax in my 260. its been a very effective killer.
    Woody likes this.

I will give them a run at the Te Puke "Bring it and Shoot it" event on Sunday. It will be useful to check the POI's at 3,5,600 yards before I use them on game.
    veitnamcam and Micky Duck like this.
    Summer grass
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Bos
    Use them in my 6.5 06 (130Gr) at 2900 FPS
    Dead is dead!!
    jakewire, Tahr and Woody like this.

The 208 at 2800fps kill fallow thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by muka88 View Post
    The 208 at 2800fps kill fallow thats for sure.
    That would probably kill an elephant haha

Quote Originally Posted by superdiver View Post
    That would probably kill an elephant haha
    Yea i only did it once for a laugh ,made a hell of a mess. Back on the 7mm08 now. 300wm is bit pointless round here now i dont have a handy place to shoot it down the road.
    superdiver likes this.

Gkp
    The eldms terminal performance varies for caliber to caliber and is entirely dependent on weight IMO.
    I have found the following;
    168 30 cal in a 308 is an excellent performer
    180 7mm in 7mm Blaser Magnum (3090mv) also an excellent all round performer
    147 6.5 in 6.5 prc (2990mv) is absolutely shit! Explodes on impact and makes a terrible pop noise when it hits. Totally destroys meat.
    Comes down to weight and speed and practical performance. I am sure this is not everyones opinion, but it is mine
    I have shot a good number of animals with the above calibers and the eldms at various ranges 50 yards to 675 and that is what I have found.
    Go out and try for yourself
    Feral and superdiver like this.

Quote Originally Posted by muka88 View Post
    Yea i only did it once for a laugh ,made a hell of a mess. Back on the 7mm08 now. 300wm is bit pointless round here now i dont have a handy place to shoot it down the road.
    Yeah you and me both mate. Maybe worth chatting to Scott and swapping a box of beers for access

Quote Originally Posted by Gkp View Post
    The eldms terminal performance varies for caliber to caliber and is entirely dependent on weight IMO.
    I have found the following;
    168 30 cal in a 308 is an excellent performer
    180 7mm in 7mm Blaser Magnum (3090mv) also an excellent all round performer
    147 6.5 in 6.5 prc (2990mv) is absolutely shit! Explodes on impact and makes a terrible pop noise when it hits. Totally destroys meat.
    Comes down to weight and speed and practical performance. I am sure this is not everyones opinion, but it is mine
    I have shot a good number of animals with the above calibers and the eldms at various ranges 50 yards to 675 and that is what I have found.
    Go out and try for yourself
    Will say the 140eldms in a 260 doing 2770mv have been outstanding and probably the best combo I have tried. Not shot much with the 168s out of the 308 but hope to change that