Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By stug
  • 1 Post By 257weatherby

Thread: G1 vs G7 BC

G1 vs G7 BC

Hi guys, Interested to know what BC you are using in your ballistic calculators and charts etc. G1 or G7?

Does it make much difference for mid ranges? 3-600?

I am using .277 140 grain Accubonds so the G1 model is not really suitable according to science but what are the pros vs cons?

(PS this is all getting a bit crazy! Im just a hunter getting sucked into this big vortex of having to know too much shit!)

Out to 600 it won't make much difference

sneakywaza I got
    It really matters nothing which one you use, you could use Chinese hypothesis if you like, whatever theory you use, the bullet will rise and fall the same. As long as the measurement method used is always the same, the result should be consistant.It might be a pain the arse to organise at times but the only true method of establishing where your rounds are going to go is to shoot actual targets at the required ranges. I am a believer in b/c calculations only get you in the ballpark, I won't shoot an animal outside ranges I haven't practiced at with a given load, saves me having to know too much. I use G1 but don't go past 600 anyway. Of course my idea off ballistics calculation is "can I hit it with a rock?" if yes, we are good to go.
    Gibo likes this.