Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: GC .303 ammo

I've never heard of the neck separating from the case at the shoulder. Is that what happened ?

I used to pull out cases where the head separated, with a small saw blade that I carried for cutting off velvet.
    Perhaps try a small woodsaw like a coping saw or jigsaw blade.

Try presoaking with a penetrating oil like CRC 5.56, WD40 or Kroil.

I think the story of shops selling ammo that been underwater is an urban legend. Last one I heard was from lake Taupo.

Hopefully Jhon has received enough ideas to assist with his "neck" problem.

We all know that a broken case extractor is a worthy investment. Especially for reloaders, and even more especially so for 303 reloaders. However, I wonder if my Milsurp 303 case extractor is all I need when I move onto reloading 308?

Opinions please.

Use quality brass and you’ll never need it.

Greetings All.
    Getting back to the Greek ammo. A month or so back a young chap turned up at our club with a pretty decent P14, probably a BSA Model B and some of the Greek ammo. He wasn't troubling the centre of the target much and some misfires and one pill going through the target sideways suggested it was not all him. We helped him out a bit with the rock hard recoil pad and the joys of handloading for a .303. Even the cases that misfired were pretty uniform for weight and shot well when reloaded so with a softer recoil pad he was good to go. A week or so back he was back with some better looking Greek ammo and some hand loads. Both shot well. I suspect that the grubbier ammo may have been cleaned up in some type of vibrating or tumbling cleaner. This should never be done with live ammo for a number of reasons. Still at least the brass was still good.
    Regards Grandpamac.
    marky123 and will.i.em like this.

Quote Originally Posted by grunzter View Post
    I paid $1 a round... got 700 rounds, so far so good.

I dont have any that look like the first photo, i fact some look like they were made yesterday, others some blemishing, but still nothing like the photo's above.
    Indeed, aside from the 2 duds mentioned, the rest did what they were supposed to do. 🙂