Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: HELP! Where's the Wheel Weight lead gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Sounds like it had some zinc in it
    Could be anything in the cheap .22 Rf bullets the match grade .22Rf are top quality lead a friend gave me a bucket
    of recovered match stuff from a Smallbore / pistol range also had match Air pellets just needed some tin to cast properly
    best lead I have ever used, Hit up your local Smallbore club they usually clean out the back stop yearly they only allow standard
    velocity ammo so there should not be much crappy lead.

Quote Originally Posted by shooternz View Post
    Could be anything in the cheap .22 Rf bullets the match grade .22Rf are top quality lead a friend gave me a bucket
    of recovered match stuff from a Smallbore / pistol range also had match Air pellets just needed some tin to cast properly
    best lead I have ever used, Hit up your local Smallbore club they usually clean out the back stop yearly they only allow standard
    velocity ammo so there should not be much crappy lead.
    The last smalbore club got shut down by the council. Apparently there is one somewhere still in Auckland so I will inquire when we are all out of prison.

Zinc is shit, it's impossible to remove and makes glunky slag every time you melt it. Hard to cast even into fishing sinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    The last smalbore club got shut down by the council. Apparently there is one somewhere still in Auckland so I will inquire when we are all out of prison.

Zinc is shit, it's impossible to remove and makes glunky slag every time you melt it. Hard to cast even into fishing sinkers.
    Apparently you can remove it with Sulphur. Watched a YouTube vid on it recently. Lot of effort tho and still not 100%
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

Quote Originally Posted by Jhon View Post
    Apparently you can remove it with Sulphur. Watched a YouTube vid on it recently. Lot of effort tho and still not 100%
    yes that makes sense, the fumes would be horrible not to mention the damage to your smelter.

gun guy
    Sounds like its becoming wheely hard to come by
    300CALMAN and Cordite like this.