Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: How hot?

AB Precision
    Just shot through crony into bank. So in that rifle can't say.

Have done 3 sisters to it though 2 shot well with anything one was bit more picky from what I have been told

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

If you have to ask,

AB Precision
    More after others thoughts. . ..

I only slapped one case, pocket still tight after 12 firings on this 'soft' brass

I'm happy as with it and info coming back from others running them they are to.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

In these photos I see ejector marks which I would read as over 60,000psi too hot. Primer catering is only one and not that reliable means of a high pressure sign. Stick bolt and ejector marks to me means way over.

I get cratered primers and ejector marks on every Lapua case that goes through my LAR 8. I think it's more of a cycling issue, rather than over pressure. Powder burn is too slow. Frustrating as fuck how it beats the rim and head up though, makes priming a chore because they don't slide into the priming tool, gotta persuade them in, then pry them out with a flat head screw driver. I can tolerate it in that platform because it has different quirks to a bolt gun. In a bolt gun I would back off a little with those pressure signs.