Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: I think I may have F@#%ed up...

Quote Originally Posted by grandpamac View Post
    Greetings DCN808T,
    With stability sometimes you need to go past the brink of what is possible to find out where that brink is. There was a box of 70 grain Speer projectiles on my shelf for years that I was always going to try in my 12 twist .223 Brno but never quite got round to it, They should have gone quite well in its long throat. Too late now as the rifle has moved on. Another trap is what may be stable at 100 metres may be rubbish at longer ranges. The only way to find out is to try them at longer ranges.
    One thing I find useful when developing a load is to try a mid load for the projectile first with just two or three rounds. These are chronographed to validate the load data I am using. Once this has been done I can calculate a likely max velocity and test closer to that. I have not found working up in tiny increments to be worth the bother, quite the reverse in fact. There is little point in testing loads that deliver a velocity that you are not happy with. Happy to answer any questions.
    Regards Grandpamac.
    Thanks Grandpamac

You seem to be a wealth of information!

I have some lighter projectiles i was going to try aswell, i just did the heavy ones first. I sure do need to learn a lot about setting up reloading equipment aswell. Im nowhere near the level of understanding i need to be at.

A kind forum member has offered me his assistance so I'll use this opertunity to try what youve suggested