Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Issues with lyman 1500 mirco touch scales

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I went to do some loading for the first time in a couple of weeks and my scales wouldn't turn on. If I unplug the cord and install batteries it works, but even with the batteries in if I plug it back in it dies again. I'm wondering if it's a problem with the cord itself, which I prefer to use, as I've heard batteries can give inaccurate readings as they run low on charge.

Sounds like your power pack.They are commonly switched mode power supplies, made in China and they, just, die...
    Fresh batteries are actually better than running off AC. They are devoid of any line hash. Cheaper scales though may not handle the dropping voltage as they start to go flat and inaccuracies may occur.

Jaycar sell replacement power supplies. I have one of theirs, it is multi voltage and comes with an assortment of plugs that you can choose from to suit your scales.

Are you able to test your power pack, do you have a multi meter? Although presence of voltage isn't always a tick as the required voltage may be there but drops away as soon as a load goes on it.

Use your batteries (fresh) and test scales using a projectile, several times thru your session. Hang on to that projectile and use it as a test weight in the future.

Even good balances have problems with cheap power packs. My AnD stopped working and I promptly shit myself. Tested power pack and it was dead. Ran on a 12v dc power supply that I have until AnD supplied a replacement power pack under warranty.

The reason your batteries may not work when you plug your lead in is possibly the plugging in of the plug opens the battery circuit so both supplies are not present internally at the same time.

yep just in case there's non rechargeable batteries in it and they take a charge if power supply is used. You'll have unhappy batteries