Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Kimber 280AI

started on bipod, then went to sand bags to hold the front down, on advise from a gunsmith whos seen a few of these and ended up with it clamped down in a lead sled type bench rest arrangement i built myself. in the lead sled it did its best group but still wasn't great.and besides ,i dont see why i should change my shooting technique to suit this gun when ive got equally light guns like shitty ol t3's and remmy 700's that shoot 1/2 moa all day long on a bi-pod. ive even got a t3 in 6.5x55 that jumps a couple of inches of the ground every time you fire it and it still cuts one ragged hole at a 100.i brought the rifle thinking it would be a good alpine gun, but if it wont do 1/2moa its not going to be any use at 600+
    and yes i try and do everything at 200. i find something that shoots a ragged hole at 100 has a bit more space between the holes at 200 and its easier to measure especially if you have 2 loads very hard to chose between.
    and besides on our last roar trip everthing we shot was under 100y, a kimber will be fine for normal hunting.

I will give you $1200 for it since its a dud

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    I asked because it's sometimes difficult to do your best initial work at 200yrds.
    Wind and wobble can play havoc when starting load testing at that range.
    It's a better distance for finishing I would have thought.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?