Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: LabRadar Chronograph

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Just a heads up for those buying one of these units.

I have been told by someone running one for a while that if using a suppressor the unit might not work properly unless setup a certain way.

Shot detection is on the back of the unit and it has to be setup forward and close to the muzzle. Down range readings may also not work when using a suppressor.

Apparently the airgun sensor will fix any issues if this is the case.
    Oh and run an external power source. Eats batteries in no time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Dave, as someone who has ordered one and as I type am dribbling at the gob in anticipation, I downloaded the operating manual from myLabRadars site to bone up on it. It covers off using suppressors in the manual and of course alignment for normal weapons.

I also ordered the air gun mic straight up, wasn't super expensive, in anticipation of issues.

Also, have upgraded the crappy battery power pack I have to a decent unit. I don't intend using AAs at all.

LabRadar have a few of their own Youtube clips on their site which are also good value. Cannot remember if it was on their site but saw one of a pistol shooter blasting away. He was set up and was shooting in about 5 mins with no issues.
    Last edited by zimmer; 15-07-2017 at 01:59 PM.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Dave, as someone who has ordered one and as I type am dribbling at the gob in anticipation, I downloaded the operating manual from myLabRadars sight to bone up on it. It covers off using suppressors in the manual and of course alignment for normal weapons.

I also ordered the air gun mic straight up, wasn't super expensive, in anticipation of issues.

Also, have upgraded the crappy battery power pack I have to a decent unit. I don't intend using AAs at all.

LabRadar have a few of their own Youtube clips on their site which are also good value. Cannot remember if it was on their site but saw one of a pistol shooter blasting away. He was set up and was shooting in about 5 mins with no issues.
    Ah ha. I was just going off what I was told last nite. The fella is unlikely to be able to read anyway so I doubt he read that bit😆 He did say it works but he didn't like how close it has to be in order to work.

I will download the manual myself and have a look.
    I have a power pack I will be using as well. Won't use batteries.

Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Here's something for you to read in bed at nite -

Here’s a couple of articles of interest. There are heaps out there but these 2 were better than most.

The second article shows his alignment method. Somewhere else I read of a guy just pushing a drinking straw thru the sighting notch. That’s what I will try first up.

The guy in the first article rates the CED as the best of the optical, mmm, now to sell mine.

https://www.shootingsoftware.com/doppler.htm

Ray's New Labradar

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    I asked the question about this

LabRadar reckon that a suppressed subsonic 22LR might need the Airgun adapter. It depends on the weapon, ammo and supp though eh.

Suppressed centrefire is fine unaided.

The videos online are pretty good
    Watch this one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hm5RlnhhWo

Below is some more info from them on positioning the muzzle.
    The crappy blue line is mine, separating the 3 examples

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 500
Size:  37.7 KB

Have had no issue with suppressor, brakes, big boomers, 223 and a few in the middle. Couldn't get it to pick up 22. Probably could if I was to read that bit of manual. Has been used a lot by many people plonking it down beside them. Might drain the batteries, I don't know battery packs are so cheap, I never bothered with batteries. Had seen plenty of negative on the net but none in real life.

Actually it does trigger sometimes by someone else, with the message no acquisition. That is a pain in the arse if the LR is just out of reach because a button push is required. needs a remote.
    zimmer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken View Post
    Actually it does trigger sometimes by someone else, with the message no acquisition. That is a pain in the arse if the LR is just out of reach because a button push is required. needs a remote.
    Bloody great idea.
    I saw on another forum a poster mention exactly the same thing - pain in the rectum having get out of a seat at a bench or reach fwd and across if shooting prone on a mound. He mitigated the issue slightly my posioning the LR on the LHS.

Some of the stuff I have been reading says that the Labradar has unused bluetooth capability, and that they are going to have it connect to apple/andriod devices down the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Gunner View Post
    Some of the stuff I have been reading says that the Labradar has unused bluetooth capability, and that they are going to have it connect to apple/andriod devices down the track.
    Yep I think they answered the BT question on their forum somewhete. They said they tried to build a unit with all the features from day 1 rather than bring out a new model encompassing new features and then expect people to upgrade to the new model. Magnetospeed v2 to V3 springs to mind.
    Once they develop the BT features it will be available via a firmware download/upgrade. Easy peasy.

Here’s a couple of articles of interest. There are heaps out there but these 2 were better than most.

The second article shows his alignment method. Somewhere else I read of a guy just pushing a drinking straw thru the sighting notch. That’s what I will try first up.

The guy in the first article rates the CED as the best of the optical, mmm, now to sell mine.

Ray's New Labradar
    Id rate the CEd 2 as the most reliable after olher and probably the best value optical, but only with the IR and good control over natural light. Any bright sun can/will affect it even with IR on.
    Mine reads consistantly 25 ish fps slower than validation indicates. Ill be keeping my ced untill Im happy with the Labradar.
    Iv got a heap of eneloop black pros so Ill see how long they run on a charge.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

R93

Ray's New Labradar
    Thanks mate.

I have read the second one already.

Hopefully we see them this week.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    Id rate the CEd 2 as the most reliable after olher and probably the best value optical, but only with the IR and good control over natural light. Any bright sun can/will affect it even with IR on.
    Mine reads consistantly 25 ish fps slower than validation indicates. Ill be keeping my ced untill Im happy with the Labradar.
    Iv got a heap of eneloop black pros so Ill see how long they run on a charge.
    You splashed out on one as well?

What's up? Gorse not grow this year😆

veitnamcam likes this.

Labradar parent company here Our history
    They do some seriously clever shit. I see one device they make that can measure velocity inside a barrel.
    The LabRadar must be there dinky toy.
    R93 likes this.

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    All done - Shipping on Monday - I'll email tracking numbers soon as I have them

@faregame. Will you or did you bring any spares of the stuff like mount or air gun switch etc ?

Thanks also for your efforts. Cheers
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..