Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Looking at reloading, what do I need?

Try Nathan Fosters book on reloading, it will answer a lot of your questions. It also runs through most brands pros and cons
    Well worth the buy before you descend into the abyss
    bully likes this.

northdude
    I've always used Lee lube never had a problem with it I've got 3 die sets but never use a crimping die my reloaded ammo goes fine if you want to go a different way I've also got Lee loading kits for a couple of calibres I shoot I drag them out from time to time as well just for the hell of it they make perfectly accurate ammunition as well accuracy is no different to my press loaded ammo

If you have always used lee how do you know its so good?

re: lee lube, have found it seperates when its cold and needs a good shake you you just get liquid coming out. never used my crimping die but guess it depends what your loading for.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    what do you need for reloading? time, patience, deep pockets, meticulous atention to details... did i miss anything for those deeper down the rabbit hole than me?
    Somewhere you can shoot.

My local range access has gone to poos so my motivation has dropped to zero, halfway threw a load development months and months ago.

If you dont have somwhere handy you can shoot at times that suit you reloading is not for you.
    And dont get into it to save money...wrong end goal but can be leverage for the other half
    Pengy, Beaker and Ryan_Songhurst like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Somewhere you can shoot.

My local range access has gone to poos so my motivation has dropped to zero, halfway threw a load development months and months ago.

If you dont have somwhere handy you can shoot at times that suit you reloading is not for you.
    And dont get into it to save money...wrong end goal but can be leverage for the other half
    yeah, had forgotten the 'easy access' range!

Somewhere you can shoot.

Im lucky there bro got a mates dairy farm 10 minutes away. Hes a good bugger too. Box of bourbons every second visit keeps him in touch

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    If you have always used lee how do you know its so good?
    Because I haven't had any of the problems people on here have had with other kinds of lube

I got sick of dented cases using lee lube, use too little and get stuck cases, use a bit more and get dented shoulders. Went to unique and never had a problem again

Somewhere you can shoot.

One of the many benefits of being a farmer, get some loads loaded up, pop out the door, bang bang bang, nope, try something else, bang bang bang, yeap that will do, nip back inside and load up a few more and go smash the gongs.
    Bryan and Pengy like this.

Somewhere you can shoot.

why didnt you say so, i could introduce you to a chap ?? I have kinda gone away from the range you speak of for the same reason unfortunately too.
    Pengy likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    why didnt you say so, i could introduce you to a chap ?? I have kinda gone away from the range you speak of for the same reason unfortunately too.
    Yea I know the chap I am pretty sure, used to use his range before trouble with the neighbors... not exactly rock up anytime either is it?

I have lee, lyman and rcbs die sets,the lee stuff works as well and produces as good ammo as the others. I have a lee collet crimp for the 3030 beats the rcbs by miles. Just get better shell holders, the lee ones seem pretty ordinary

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    One of the many benefits of being a farmer, get some loads loaded up, pop out the door, bang bang bang, nope, try something else, bang bang bang, yeap that will do, nip back inside and load up a few more and go smash the gongs.
    I so miss that.....all sorted this sat when I win lotto
    Gibo likes this.

Yea I know the chap I am pretty sure, used to use his range before trouble with the neighbors... not exactly rock up anytime either is it?
    no but has targets out to 700, you just need to call him first to check it available. Or in my case ask the owner if he wants to go shoot some stuff
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.