Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: magnum primer v large rifle primer

Just got this reply from ADI powders in regards to primer use in my 243 and my 264 win mag

Thank you for your enquiry of 2/01/2013 with regard to reloading using ADI Sporting
    powders.
    Our loads for the 264 Winchester Magnum were developed using a Winchester Large
    Rifle primer, you can certainly use this for reloading this calibre. It is generally
    unnecessary to use a magnum primer with ADI powders, as ADI powders light up well.
    Our loads for the 243 Winchester were also developed using Winchester Large Rifle
    primers. It is possible to use Magnum primers, but this will generate more pressure. If
    you use Magnum primers, we recommend starting at the starting load, gradually
    increasing the load while watching carefully for signs of over pressure (difficulty
    opening the bolt, flattening of the primer.)
    Extreme caution should be taken and loads should be worked up accordingly. Refer to
    our website at www.adi-powders.com.au or our 5th edition handloaders’ guide for more
    information, warnings and reloading safety.
    We thank you for using ADI Sporting Powders.
    Yours sincerely,
    ADI Technical Centre

Thanks for sharing that mucko. Might write that out and put it in my folder

did you get your LR primers?

I have heaps and am short on magnums if you have some to get rid of but only if you have bulk, not worth pissing around with a few...... I must get 1-2000- magnums again as I am down to less the 100 :/
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

i have been to busy on farm to get to town i only have 50 mag primers left

Quote Originally Posted by leathel View Post
    did you get your LR primers?

I have heaps and am short on magnums if you have some to get rid of but only if you have bulk, not worth pissing around with a few...... I must get 1-2000- magnums again as I am down to less the 100 :/
    Leathel - I know you said 1 - 2k or not worth bothering but I have 800 CCI LR Magnum. I wanted 200 and they sent out a 1000. If interestwd PM me.