Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: New acoustic chronograph

Have orderd one myself and is $415.20NZ if it gets through costums

R93
    I can see its advantages if it works out to be as accurate as a good Oehler or CED M2. I just bought an M2 and IR screens on someones advice and I am happy with it so far. It is a waste of time in any wind, no matter how good your stand is.
    Shooting on dusk in good conditions is novel to me. This acoustic thing could be shot over in any conditions I spose.
    I wonder if some wind will effect the shockwave of the projectile and give faster or slower readings. Its too new a concept for me to be interested yet, but I will be keeping an eye on them.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar

Re: New acoustic chronograph

I would be keen on 1 too, have often thought I really should have a chrony, just never actually got round to buying one...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Quote Originally Posted by puku View Post
    Nice shooting Norway and a great video as always.

How cheap are we talking Red? I could take it off you for what it would cost you to put in the dump...
    I think I'll just wait a bit yet. . . .

I went to the IR screens too, and found it much more reliable, also hang one of those 12v starter packs off the tripod so it doubles as a power source and blow over preventer

Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post
    I would be keen on 1 too, have often thought I really should have a chrony, just never actually got round to buying one...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Buy my shooting crony and il get one of these
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Re: New acoustic chronograph

The price is 1980nok (around 360usd, depending on the exchange rate), and you get a ten percent discount for mentioning Thomas Haugland. Shipping to NZ is 177nok. The superchrono is in stock, and will be shipped immediately after ordering
    Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
    BURN BABY BURN
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

redbang and R93 - where did you buy your IR screens?
    After considering I think that will be the best option for me as well.
    And if the new technology is well proven down the track I will have a look again then.

DAF
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    redbang and R93 - where did you buy your IR screens?
    After considering I think that will be the best option for me as well.
    And if the new technology is well proven down the track I will have a look again then.
    I got my IR screens from Sinclairs,
    but you can also get them from RSI - CED M2 Chronograph
    "Such is life..." - Ned Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by DAF View Post
    I got my IR screens from Sinclairs,
    but you can also get them from RSI - CED M2 Chronograph
    Thanks for that DAF. That is where I got my very original CED from. I sent them an email and have just received a very convuluted non helpful reply. I also bought a CED bag from Boxtrade in Aus. He is an agent. His prices now seem to have become riduculous. I guess I will have to go with Sinclairs grrrr.

R93
    Thanks for that DAF. That is where I got my very original CED from. I sent them an email and have just received a very convuluted non helpful reply. I also bought a CED bag from Boxtrade in Aus. He is an agent. His prices now seem to have become riduculous. I guess I will have to go with Sinclairs grrrr.

I got mine from Sinclairs as well. Ordered for $90 odd US and they were here in 10 days. They make a difference thats for sure. Dont forget you will need 12v batt pack to power them.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

DAF
    PM sent
    "Such is life..." - Ned Kelly

Yes, mine from Sinclairs too.

This lot have the bags for a good price. . Range Equipment - Serious Shooters

. . . and the IR screens, and the CED shooting mats are bloody good

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Have orderd one myself and is $415.20NZ if it gets through costums
    Keen to know how you get on with that, do tell when it arrives. .

I've tried tilting it and wow, my Hornet suddenly does 5500 fps! ;D

I'm not quite familiar with it yet, but it certainly is more user-friendly in a dark environment like mine. Really like the quick setup and pack size, but I have not yet determined accuracy. A 50 shot average put my Hornet loads to 747 msec (I think it was?) which was the same as the Shooting Chrony said.

Another mistake I do in this film is placing the acoustic chronograph behind the Chrony - this means sound shadow can affect the accuracy. I'll switch them around next attempt. According to the manufacturer, using the level bubble isn't critical, the important thing is to get the aim PARALLELL to the bullet. This means if you have the chronograph close and shoot 30 cm over it, you must aim the chronograph 30 cm under your target. This was a tad hard with my eyes...

DAF and geezejonesy like this.

... this chronograph was very interesting to me. If all the pieces come together the next couple of days I'll get access to a german uber-chronograph and I'll get perfect V0 figures to compare the chronographs with. Fingers crossed for 2013...