Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: New acoustic chronograph

Will be very cool if theses prove to be accurate and reliable. So easy to carrry and set up and no ambient light problems.
    Dino likes this.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

R93

New acoustic chronograph

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    Will be very cool if theses prove to be accurate and reliable. So easy to carrry and set up and no ambient light problems.
    +1 ill be getting one if they work out to be accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

just did a few quick test this evening nothing definitive but here goes

my 300wm adi 2213sc with 75grs shooting 168gr Amax ave fps 3011 3 shots only
    my 25-06 adi 2213sc with 53grs shooting 110gr accubonds ave 2800 fps 2 shots only
    my 25-06 adi 2213sc with 53grs shooting 117gr sst s ave 2850 fps 2 shots only
    my 223 adi 2206h with 25grs shooting 55gr sierra blitz ave 3024 fps 4 shots only
    mates 243 with 105 gr amax s ave 2457fps unknown powder n weights ???
    same rifle 243 with 85 gr pills??? 2870 av fps
    last test was mates 7.62x39 steel shells factory load ??? ave 2350 fps

so i dont know if these figures are in the ball park but it appears to me that its resonably close to the mark ?????
    BURN BABY BURN
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Hey guys
    I just read through this tread again, and I hope that people are becoming comfortable with the superchrono in use. We dont make them, but we sell them. And as such our experience with the producer is absolutely first class. As for ourselves, we consider the Nz market just as important as the Norwegian market, and we will treat any problems with our full attention. If we can help you with any problem we will, and if there is a fault you will have a new unit or complete reimbursement without any hassle. Not that we think there will be, but thats our policy.
    I do not have the time to follow up on all forum threads, but any emails at kenneth@vertebrae.no or a pm will be answered.
    thanks guys !
    geezejonesy likes this.
    Part of vertebrae.no, techie.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/StrekenVertebrae

Here's the promised film

DAF and geezejonesy like this.

Cheers for the vid Norway, I have to say I admire your dedication shooting in the conditions you do.It would be easier I imagine to curl up next to a warm fire or woman
    But I guess that is where you live and life goes on so you do what you do
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

So I had another play with my superchrono today after pming Norway and asking him how far from the muzzle he had his.I put my 6 paces out lined it up with the target and went to it.I have since had my 243 chopped back to 19" from 22" for the sup to be on full time and the velocities I got today all looked pretty darn good .I had given the sensor I had borrowed for my ced m2 back as I had ordered a replacement the other day but it hasn't turned up yet so I'll do it all again next week but with the ced m2 as well to hopefully conform that I've got the superchrono sorted
    As a side note I didn't take any notice of the set up instructions for it this time which seemed to help

R93
    Sounds promising? Sounds just like a few teething problems. Took a few goes to get my CED2 to work right as well.
    It read full the other day, halfway thru load testing and I had to drive back into town (25km) to read the friggin instructions on how to clear the memory. Got all set up the next day to find I left my 2 scopes in town so had to go back and get them! Must be getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Sounds promising? Sounds just like a few teething problems. Took a few goes to get my CED2 to work right as well.
    It read full the other day, halfway thru load testing and I had to drive back into town (25km) to read the friggin instructions on how to clear the memory. Got all set up the next day to find I left my 2 scopes in town so had to go back and get them! Must be getting old.
    Yeah it is starting to look promising.At least your being consistant with forgetting things R93

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Yeah it is starting to look promising.At least your being consistant with forgetting things R93

Dont get me started on the battery pack for the I.R. screens!!! 8 hrs? My ass! Wouldnt be so bad if we didnt move from the farm.

If I keep forgetting shit I will end up eating crayons and need to wear a helmet to bed
    Last edited by R93; 26-01-2013 at 05:17 PM.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Re: New acoustic chronograph

Dont get me started on the battery pack for the I.R. screens!!! 8 hrs? My ass! Wouldnt be so bad if we didnt move from the farm.

If I keep forgetting shit I will end up eating crayons and need to wear a helmet to bed
    But at least the windows will be licked clean

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    But at least the windows will be licked clean

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2

I rarely let Abe in my truck Cam. Good idea tho! I might take him for a drive to the playground next time I am home.
    veitnamcam likes this.

need to wear a helmet to bed
    So that was just your hair then?

The battery seems to get a bit better after a few charges.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    So that was just your hair then?

The battery seems to get a bit better after a few charges.
    Ha Ha........Cheek! It was a soft helmet I am allowed to wear on special occasions.

BUMP. Just thought I'd put this back into view, I'm keen to find out if the people who have one these chronies are still happy/sad with them, and any fresh comments would be welcome

Potential customer on the prowl. . . . .