Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: ORDER OF ACTIONS IN RE LOADING to be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I couldn't see anywhere where there was mention of wearing safety glasses particularly during priming or is that just a given and everyone does?
    The thread is headed, "ORDER OF ACTIONS IN RE LOADING to be considered." with the aim of the actions being confirmed / modified to be a memory aid without going into the specifics of each action. I did add, once others kindly contributed that I did not want to give anybody the impression I was trying to "teach them to blow eggs" or dare I say it, the bleeding obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    Hows about bushing FL dies -..................

Sounds like more Duh opportunities for me and as it's also outside my area of interest, not going to happen..

ORDER OF ACTIONS IN RE LOADING to be considered.

Mauser308, Case lube inside the neck reduces friction and stretching greatly.

Greetings All,
    Case stretching due to expander button friction is another myth that refuses to die in spite of testing showing otherwise. The stretching is actually due to the case being sized down in the FL die and the brass has to go somewhere. The expander button can pull the neck out of line with the case. Light lubrication helps with this. It is a natural conclusion, after hearing the noise of the case being pulled over the button and then finding the case to need trimming, to decide the button responsible but testing does not support the conclusion. Neck sized cases seldom need trimming regardless of the expander button. Those that have bushing F L dies usually know how to set them up so cases are not over sized thereby eliminating most of the stretching.
    Regards Grandpamac.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
    Very droll........:>)
    Step 6: If depleted, apply 40 slaps with a wet salmon!
    Kiwi Sapper likes this.

Try a few methods and like jenga, start removing them and see if you even need each one.
    Up until now i've been spoilt using Lapua and i havent needed a pocket uniformer. I bought Norma and every single case needed dropping .003. I hadnt ever looked at it so i loaded them all up and had my very first misfire (dud). So, i fully endorse using a PU but i dont think it needs to be in any real order during case prep.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead is better View Post
    Step 6: If depleted, apply 40 slaps with a wet salmon!
    Sheesh.....that's a bit steep! Have you seen the price of wet salmon nowadays?

the wet salmon may be exchanged for a 60 mins detailed "education" with Eugenie Sage.