Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: rotary tumbler and SS media

They didn’t turn out to bad either Name:  519BC3F1-7928-4E34-9729-0954F67848D7.jpeg
Views: 350
Size:  2.04 MB
    New drill just breaking it in.
    Moa Hunter and dannyb like this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

I don’t use the pins unless I’m cleaning really badly tarnished brass (Like berdan .303 brass). A teaspoon of citric acid and a squirt of dishwasher is all you need. Sometimes i only humble for 5 minutes buy i always use hot water (from the hot tap) and only just cover the brass so that it gets lots of action. The Frankfort 110 v one is a good tumbler with the fittings on the drum that enable you to wash out the brand and shake with fresh water etc

Yep no doubt the stores brought ones are good...but this only cost me peanuts

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    So after a morning of practice on the driven boat range.... now I’m out of ammo
    It was raining and muddy plus I needed to clean this lot up.
    Now I don’t have a wet tumbler, but I do have stainless steel pins cause I was going to buy one.....but I did have this big hexagonal plastic container himmm
    So 15 minutes later and after a stole one of my old home saws plus a bit of duck tape... one broom stick one Vice one drill one battery on full charge and one cable tie
    Some vinegar some dish washing liquid and hey presto
    Attachment 124932
    Who needs the Chinese
    Great idea Sideshow, question - does it still work when the operator is sober ? The drill battery is squeezed in the vice, the boats have been shot, an 'old home saw' has been incorporated, a square container appears Hexagonal to the operators eye and the drill has a cable tie around the trigger instead of tape - meaning that if the experiment goes wrong it will not be quick to stop the drill. All these facts have me conclude that you stopped too long at the pub on the way home ?

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    I have a Frankford Arsenal wet tumbler. Love it. Have cleaned tens of thousands of pieces of brass, works great. Sometimes I use the stainless pins, sometimes not. I use distilled water, a splash of Hornady case cleaning solution, a splash of citric acid and about 2 hours whirring around. Brass looks like new.
    Picked up the lite model off Reloaders. No complaints. Good kit.
    wanneroo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    Great idea Sideshow, question - does it still work when the operator is sober ? The drill battery is squeezed in the vice, the boats have been shot, an 'old home saw' has been incorporated, a square container appears Hexagonal to the operators eye and the drill has a cable tie around the trigger instead of tape - meaning that if the experiment goes wrong it will not be quick to stop the drill. All these facts have me conclude that you stopped too long at the pub on the way home ?
    Year I’m desyleck and the spell guess beat me...so sue me
    Not a great fan of pubs...live in a small village so talk soon gets around if your a bozzer which equals they won’t let you work in there homes.
    Cable tie worked well didn’t think to use tape as I had the side cutters on hand.
    Anyway I just tightened up the tie as I squeezed the trigger till I got the right spin on.
    Tapes a good idea thanks I’ll try it next time, but getting the right pressure is the trick.
    Still there clean so alls good ah.
    Had the drill on low slow if anyone wants to give it a go.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

another thread on home built tumblers - https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....tumbler-52521/. i only spent about $70 making mine. the most expensive part is the media (not included in that $70).