Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Run some numbers...If you can please ..

Banned
    Any think that dosnt have bubbles for me,always got me a night in the kennels

the sight height I meant the center of the scope is 2" above the barrel, zero at 100

I did try it in a dirt bank at 680.... then forgot to dial the range back for 780 and hit the track under the target, then held to the top of the plate and hit it....just done the calc for that and it would give it about 10.5 moa

That's even less than if I set the chart 200fps faster......I will play with numbers in another program to try to get my head around that....
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

L.R
    Did you confirm your zero is bang on at 100 with your new load?

I got 12.9 moa at 780, seems a bit different to the rest

Are you using the G1 or G7 ballistic coefficient? Bryan Litz (Bergers ballistics man) has accurate BC's ie, not the manufacturers bs.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R View Post
    Did you confirm your zero is bang on at 100 with your new load?
    Yup on the day I checked zero and group... didn't measure the group, 3/4 I guess? Just chucked it together for the weekend but dead on at 100

Quote Originally Posted by LegaSea View Post
    Are you using the G1 or G7 ballistic coefficient? Bryan Litz (Bergers ballistics man) has accurate BC's ie, not the manufacturers bs.
    I have run some numbers on JBM using Litz numbers and its still not flat enough...... Although when I put in a tail wind it did drop the adjustment a fair amount.... Shooter it stayed the same drop just changed the wind and at times for at least the first part of the journey it had a near tail wind... Might be part of it...maybee... But then the SAUM was on steel first up, groups are very tight with that so next to no error from that part with the SAUM though...

I will tweak that load and do more testing...this will get sorted as I hate not hitting first up!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    I got 12.9 moa at 780, seems a bit different to the rest
    I got 12.9 MOA for 780 yards and 14.5 MOA for 780 meters (855 yards or there abouts).

Using the application - 'shooter'.

Double-check everything, shoot it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pop Shot View Post
    I got 12.9 MOA for 780 yards and 14.5 MOA for 780 meters (855 yards or there abouts).

Using the application - 'shooter'.
    Yards.... but I didn't get 12.9 when I entered in the info ..... for the speed I had put up...

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Double-check everything, shoot it again.
    been there

even entered optimistic info as well but was still was going to go over the target...

Scope will need to be tested again...

then try another chrony after that but I doubt its going faster as to get the same drop it has insane speeds for the 168 and the load I had loaded for that weekend is a no stretch case load, it takes another 4gr to start stretching the case and that through the same chrony was a touch over 3600

If it's that far out it's a bad zero or some input wrong basically

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    If it's that far out it's a bad zero or some input wrong basically
    I wish... 5 shot test on zero on the day. entered on the laptop and the cell and since I was home JBM as well and there is some variance between programs none match...closest is still 2.4 moa out at 780yards with the chrony speed entered Makes absolutely no sense.... Hense I thought maybee I stuffed something up and get third parties to run the numbers and see what they get... but they get similar results, with my SAUM the numbers make sense and the same data entered for conditions and the chrony numbers match the drop.. well close to it, needed slightly less drop not massively different like the RUM, Rum was pretty close at 3800 fps... way faster than it would be.

My gut feeling is scope issue but it dialed up and down going from 400-480-600-680-780 and back a few times to find the actual drop... then tried to get the software to match and they allways went back to the same spots...
    Last edited by leathel; 18-12-2012 at 11:57 AM.

There's no way it can be a variation BC or velocity from book/chronied values, you've got a bad input, scope problem or zero problem

R93
    Have to agree with gimp. There is something you need to track down and rectify. Very frustrating I know, as I have been there of sorts.
    You also mention not being able to see your splash due to long grass and if it was low you would see it on a track? I would try again with a decent backstop as it could be windage.
    Good luck.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.