Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Kelton
  • 1 Post By Kelton
  • 1 Post By Kelton
  • 1 Post By Kelton

Thread: Sako Gamehead pro 165gn

Sako Gamehead pro 165gn

So I bought a box of Sako Gamehead pro with the tipped bullet. They shoot half an inch at a hundred yards in my Bergara extreme hunter. Thats an 18 inch barrel so speed is down a bit.
    Now for me that’s friggin amazing . My only concern is that there is the odd report that sometimes they dont kill that well and can pencil through. I wondered what users have experienced in the field when using this bullet , any issues ??
    Id prefer a bang /flop as I dont like wounding an animal etc.
    Cheers in advance for your thoughts.

They have absolutely smashed everything iv pointed them at fallow yealings threw to big bucks and red stags also 18” 50-250 yards they ran about 2600fps for me
    Dama dama likes this.

Exit at 250 yards bang flop
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tahr likes this.

A quick mental tally is telling me 9 deer with them these 2 spikers at 20 yards the buck at 250 fyi the 150gn sp that’s available in 50packs shoots the same poi at 100 for me so iv taken to switching between the 2 depending on distance and conditions
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Tahr likes this.

STC
    They apparrently use Sierra Tipped Gamekings (Gamechangers)

I’m guessing you have a 308, the sierra G/c projectiles are good & kill very well
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Yeah sorry Guys , 308. The Pro sako bullet bullet uses Sierrra Gamechanger with plastic tip not Gameking which are more of a softpoint(?).
    They are a bit harder from the little Ive read. Are these what you use Kelton?

MSL
    I’ve used the same ammo in my .308, since it came out, excellent results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jus
    I shot it in a 7mm rem mag with a26 “ barrel. They were doing high 2600s at best. Bit of a joke really. But they did kill everything I shot with them. When I finished the 2 boxes I bought I went superformance 162sst and was up around 3000 fps. Killed out to 500 yards with that

Quote Originally Posted by Jus View Post
    I shot it in a 7mm rem mag with a26 “ barrel. They were doing high 2600s at best. Bit of a joke really. But they did kill everything I shot with them. When I finished the 2 boxes I bought I went superformance 162sst and was up around 3000 fps. Killed out to 500 yards with that
    That’s odd

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk View Post
    Yeah sorry Guys , 308. The Pro sako bullet bullet uses Sierrra Gamechanger with plastic tip not Gameking which are more of a softpoint(?).
    They are a bit harder from the little Ive read. Are these what you use Kelton?

Yes the game changer

I was never a fan until @Kelton started giving me updates on their performance but could happily say now if I was buying a 308 it would be up there with the first boxes I would buy

I wonder if 165gr 30 cal bullets might have been optimised more for WinMag or PRC velocities.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
    I wonder if 165gr 30 cal bullets might have been optimised more for WinMag or PRC velocities.
    The scream out of a winmag but the lord them in .308 from factory and their doing a good job so far iv had a box of 7mm for years that’ll il get around to trying now
    Bagheera likes this.