Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Success!

Success!

Did some loads today for my 204 and 300wsm. Just got the 204 back from MAE with a new suppressor they put on via warranty. Best group with the 204 was .210 inch with 32 v-max and ar2206H, ww748 produced .4 inch groups, i was stoked to say the least.

My first loads witht eh wsm were using rl17 and 180grain accubonds, i was disappointed to say the least, 1-2 inch groups at 100m.... I shot my arapawa ram with this load but it was only close. I decided to try some 168grain a-max today and managed to get .51inch group with 66.4 grains of rl17, with my max load the group opened up to 1inch. Pretty happy with .5inch and the a-maxs have proved to be much more accurate than the accubonds for me.

204 is a tikka varmint and wsm is a tikka t3 with laminated stock.

Also checked my trail cameras and have plenty of young stags with velvet growing, should be interesting to monitor over the next few months. Even got my first videos from my cameras.

Thats good going.
    I looked at your profile. That's a very useful looking degree you are doing. 4 yr degree?

Cheers

yeah i had been having troubles with the bullet clipping my old suppressor so it was good to see those issues ironed out instantly with the new one.

Yeah I'm hoping it is going to be very usual, all very interesting stuff especially with the current rebuild in christchurch. I like how it involves a lot of engineering and structural design along with the project management side of things. Everything is going green in the world so a good knowledge of future sustainable engineering is going to be useful in the immediate future.I can get through the degree in 3 years if all goes to plan, will be finished at the end of 2013