Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Anyone have any good things to say about Norinco JW15?

Banned
    I have got two. The older wooden stocked one is far more accurate than the newer plastic stock with carbon overbarrel suppressor model.
    The older one has a headspace / chamber issue. The new one needed a lot of wet and dry to tidy up
    I would by a second hand one and try (fire it) before you buy
    dannyb likes this.

I have a jw15A that cost me $150 ,shoots as well as my $550 Brno model2 and is much handier with the 16in barrel and suppressor.
    dannyb likes this.

I got one for the boy, it shoots far better then the finish it has, the machining is ruff as guts, but hey he's hitting bullseye at 100m with it and he's not using my rifles so no complaints. I paid 200 bux for his with optic and can.
    dannyb likes this.

Smile

If you are prepared to spend an hour or so doing some action and trigger polishing, then they are as good a little worker 22 as you can get. Of about two dozen a mate and I have polished for ourselves and others, only one couldn't shoot sub 1" groups at 50m, and most would drop under 0.5". Often surprisingly accurate barrels for a cheapie - even with bore slightly off centre. The one dud - a shitty item - was a Polytech JW. Avoid.

We smooth action, always chop barrel to 16" and recrown. Makes them fine wee shooters in either wood or syn stock. Have several times seen these little chopped JWs equal or outshoot the CZ off the bench at 50. Mate has a CZ he really likes. He bought a wee 2nd hand JW for $115, we chopped and polished it, and it promptly outshot his CZ on the range. Now the the little 16" barrel Norinco is his favourite 22 and the CZ stays in the closet!! CZ of course the better made rifle, but little Norinco deadly for its work.

The other inexpensive bolt action to consider is the Marlin 925, or its stainless variant the 980S. Very sharp shooters often grouping down into the 0.3s and 0.4s, and usually $300-400. Excellent microgroove barrels
    Last edited by mudgripz; 25-02-2019 at 06:48 PM.
    dannyb and BUCK like this.