Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171854 ... LastLast
Like Tree1723Likes

Thread: Bird Predator Control

Ejected
    Bucket of water and a lead up are the best rat/mouse traps. They keep killing even when you don't check every day Spotlight for the hogs.

Up the boot-camp today for odd jobs - driving up the drive and spotted a few Quail - as usual they run up the drive rather than fly - well after about 50m or so there must have been eighty of them - best number we have ever seen so if they can get through the winter and breed - there should be heaps of quail round the district next summer - sadly they wouldn’t stand still for pictures - but about twenty in this picture

Checked the trap line about 50m away down the boundary line - just one large rat out of about twenty traps - seeing the Quail made my day and seeing just one rat was great - right now - numbers are low

Wildman, Dundee, gadgetman and 4 others like this.

Went for a walk this morning - Three possums.

Bravo, @Sean...!!
    Sean likes this.
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

They seem to know they are safe - I haven’t been able to kill a bird predator for around a month - not even a mouse - checking about twenty traps several times each week - plus about ten bait stations - I think the Goodnature gas traps are making a difference - six out there at present - interesting to see the hawks flying very low over them looking for a feed

Dundee and FatLabrador like this.

Bad decision Tom! - he should have stayed eating young rabbits - I saw where he got two nearby in recent days - thank goodness they weren’t pheasants
    He didn’t even eat the leg of rabbit I left as bait in the cage
    First blood for the 17 - it is deadly accurate - just Savaged him

And then there was a stupid rat that just got caught by the leg - I haven’t got much time for the T Rex trap I have had a lot of leg traps and even body traps where they are still humping

Silly Buggar - stuck his head in the box to check out some GN possum paste on a Victor - just clipped his nose
    Hard to find a dead predator at present - just a cat that I can’t catch

Kiwi-Hunter and FatLabrador like this.

Where do u get possum past from

Quote Originally Posted by FatLabrador View Post
    Middle of most rural roads in nz
    time out and Blisters like this.

Quote Originally Posted by FatLabrador View Post
    You can get Goodnature possum paste direct from GN - but more simple from Farmlands - bright orange colour - cinnamon flavour - from my experience most predators love it - I used it a lot in Sentinel traps - also in a milk bottle top in Timms traps along with a piece of apple - you get rats or possums
    I even got a stoat in that box in my last post - GN were surprised that a stoat would go for it
    My Mate prefers Smooth in a Tube - a blue lure - Ferafeed from Connovation - I am going to buy some tomorrow - http://www.connovation.co.nz/vdb/document/101

good work @Timeout
    OPCz

If in doubt double tap

Thanks Dynastar - I hope you guys don’t get sick of my predator control - but I do it for our pheasant, quail and native birds - I never shoot the game birds - they just overload on our property and head out into the wide blue yonder for others to enjoy - my predator control will never cease while I have this property - you can never say the job is done - because they keep on coming
    Today has been a great day at the farm - I have been searching for a grey cat that I first saw a couple of weeks ago
    I went up the hill to check the first of two cages - a black cat - I wasn’t after you but never mind - some close work with the hmr - Jenny - very pregnant
    Up the hill another 50m to the second cage - yeh! - the grey cat - a bit more close work with the hmr - it was Tom
    Just imagine the damage that Tom and Jenny have done in their lifetime - the feathers from a rooster I found on Sunday will be the last they leave round here

Dundee and FatLabrador like this.

Don't have he gamebirds over here but we sure get some huge cats, have heard of them up to 20kg

How many diffrent traps have you got?

R those snap e rat traps any good can they kill stoats constantly or is a victor better