Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: ferrets

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
    After reading these posts, it's the same old story.....introduced species.......whatever the reason/story....
    Kind of like Immigration over the centuries.

We were all introduced pests at one time or another

Cheers
    Pete
    Pointer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Just watching an old episode of country calendar, and I was surprised to see Ferrets being used in Bunny control in NZ.
    I was under the impression that they have always been public enemy number 2
    What was your impression of public enemy No1 Pengy ?
    The Waterfowl Enhancement Trust were recently asked on FB - what predators are doing the greatest damage to our birdlife - both native and game birds?
    They responded - ”It is generally thought that the top two predators are cats and mustelids, however there is no evidence to support this”
    I think they may be right but possums and rats are out there in large numbers and are also causing havoc
    I was checking traps and bait stations on the farm last Sunday and saw a black cat streak past me - I set a cage but so far have only got one kitten
    God knows what damage mum and the rest of them will be doing to our pheasants before I can get them
    So what bloody idiots are continually liberating cats up and down the highway - especially at holiday time - they are worse than the people that liberated ferrets years back
    You have to be a killing machine to try to protect our environment from predators - when I see wild cats - I sometimes wonder why I bother
    veitnamcam likes this.

keep at it time out,a dead cat is a good cat and a wet pussy is fab
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

pheasant shooting yesterday seen 4 cats and a stoat....... dogs got two of the cats one being delivered to hand still very much alive.
    no fucken way I was taking it off her and had to pick up dog, with cat and throw them both in the canal so the cat could be dispatched.