Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: SNOW IS MELTING

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    the cat taking out wee pups eye has been my biggest fear ...even getting monstered by the big dog doesnt scare me as much...unreasonable I know but after our cocker going blind far far too young,I really want a full span of years with the new pup.

that is a classic photo and I was thinking half grown rabbit and cat doing well...it shows how the legend of the canterbury black panther has hung around so long...you put an animal like a cat on its own without anything to get reference of its size and its easy to get all confused/excited.
    Get a cat, show you love to an one. In a cold winter night, a warm cat with you, take you to asleep is a wonderful experience. back home, in winter time, I have three with me...but that was too much.
    Always In pursuit of my happiness...No matter the costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    They live about 350ks apart now,Tilly a lot bigger.Cats are very quick to swipe at dogs eyes.That was our worry at the time of introduction.
    Yeah that `s common, thus you need to intervene. Hope you could trust on this, talk to your cat if he do that to dog, and talk to your dog if he bites the spine of cat (upper spine) they understand you, and they know how to hurt each other, the most, but all they want is you. I have several friends, they both have cats and dogs, cats afraid of going out unless dog with them, old dog do `t want to go out unless cat lead them. I have seen a lot of these pictures. Good luck mates

I’ve never been a cat fan, quite the opposite in fact yet wife has always wanted a mouse catcher. Seen a few wild kittens getting about a while back, all tabbys then I noticed a wee black and white one with them and in a moment of madness I decided right, there’s a mouse catcher for the mrs. So I caught the wee bugger and it was surprisingly savage and tore up my hand pretty good. We had a standoff for a day or two where I kept it in a plastic box and it would his and spit and try to bite me every time I took a peek in the box. Grabbed it out with the help of an oilskin jacket wrapped around my hands and forced it to sit with me wrapped up in the jacket for a bit and eventually it decided I wasn’t all bad and now it’s my best mate, clingy wee thing had it a couple weeks now, follows me about and has sorted out the dogs so they know their place already.
    Name:  9CA2CE5F-900A-4565-A8DC-48B05DA5B8D1.jpeg
Views: 236
Size:  173.9 KB
    nor-west, Trout, tetawa and 13 others like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rabbit View Post
    Get a cat, show you love to an one. In a cold winter night, a warm cat with you, take you to asleep is a wonderful experience. back home, in winter time, I have three with me...but that was too much.
    So I am curious...... where do you hunt?, what do you hunt? are you a competition shooter? Fishing maybe?, Do you have an outdoor lifestyle? any of the afore mentioned on any actual level? Waiting for my meds to start working before I say any more......
    Trout and 7mmwsm like this.

Another Cat that doesn't like to miss a Feed, he's near 15lbs
    Name:  20180904_205711.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  290.6 KB
    nor-west, Trout, 300CALMAN and 3 others like this.

sneakywaza I got
    Since this has suddenly become a cat forum......

Our Burmese by the name of Louie, not allowed to roam the neighborhood because he has people that feed him, so I built him "Colditz" in the rear courtyard of our house in Chch so he still gets outside time.
    Name:  Louie in Colditz.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  3.44 MB
    Inside, he gets the cushion, while the riff raff get the floor
    Name:  Cat gets the cushion.JPG
Views: 233
Size:  1.69 MB

Rip Louie, 17 people yrs he made it, I still miss being headbutted at 3am just cause he was bored.
    jakewire, Trout, Rich007 and 3 others like this.

You can tell he is the boss
    257weatherby and Micky Duck like this.
    When hunting think safety first

Another RIP tis guy almost made 23 years.
    "Name:  2011_04140005.JPG
Views: 240
Size:  3.20 MBRoy"

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    So I am curious...... where do you hunt?, what do you hunt? are you a competition shooter? Fishing maybe?, Do you have an outdoor lifestyle? any of the afore mentioned on any actual level? Waiting for my meds to start working before I say any more......
    @ 257weatherby
    For hunting, when I was in Auckland, only goats and pig hunting and ducks with friend before I started my study in 2018, went to doc place only once in 2019 but no luck. I like fishing, salt and fresh water, lure fishing is my favorite. I got lots of fishing gears if you like to see it, I can show you in my secured unit in Christchurch when I get back, and buy you a coffee learn some hunting from you, if you do `t mind. I moved from Akl to CHCH in 2019, one of main reason is I like hunting, especially rabbit hare hunting.
    I like all the outdoor stuffs, I was dirt bike rider but ended in 2015 when I started NZ project, because i can `t afford any injuries to delay my schedule. Really like to start quad bike in NZ. Fishing I am alright, but big games like deer sized games, I do `t have much experience.
    7mm Rem Mag likes this.

Snow is really melting today,shot this rose plant nippling rabbit this morning.He was a teenager i reckn,not very aware of cats,dogs and me watching him from up stairs.Back of the head with slug gun,bangflop.Im practicing for deer in spring.
    Name:  20220729_094659.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  4.20 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rabbit View Post
    @ 257weatherby
    For hunting, when I was in Auckland, only goats and pig hunting and ducks with friend before I started my study in 2018, went to doc place only once in 2019 but no luck. I like fishing, salt and fresh water, lure fishing is my favorite. I got lots of fishing gears if you like to see it, I can show you in my secured unit in Christchurch when I get back, and buy you a coffee learn some hunting from you, if you do `t mind. I moved from Akl to CHCH in 2019, one of main reason is I like hunting, especially rabbit hare hunting.
    I like all the outdoor stuffs, I was dirt bike rider but ended in 2015 when I started NZ project, because i can `t afford any injuries to delay my schedule. Really like to start quad bike in NZ. Fishing I am alright, but big games like deer sized games, I do `t have much experience.
    Hi Black Rabbit,you need to join the NorthCanterbury Deer Stalkers Association.Great place to learn about hunting and get your firearms licence.Look up their web site.
    Black Rabbit likes this.

Hi Black Rabbit,you need to join the NorthCanterbury Deer Stalkers Association.Great place to learn about hunting and get your firearms licence.Look up their web site.
    Thank you. I will apply to join, once I get back in this year. I have my FAL in late of 2018, but the study and works occupied me too much, and frequent travels between countries in 2019. Thank you for sharing your rabbit hunting and your lovely game keeper. Btw, what bullet you were using to shoot the rabbit since yesterday?

What are you studying and working at?travelling between countrys i guess you not from NZ.The air rifle im using is a cometa and the pellet is called EXACT (JSB).177 Weight .547grams.

What are you studying and working at?travelling between countrys i guess you not from NZ.The air rifle im using is a cometa and the pellet is called EXACT (JSB).177 Weight .547grams.
    Yeah, do `t need to guess, I am from China, and trying to make my way to stay in NZ for the rest of my fishing and hunting life. Study a MBA was to satisfy INZ for work visa since passive investment are more welcomed by govt since 2017, like bonds and real estates, rather than real investment into actual business operation like tourism and export. I do `t work and study at same time, no time and energy for both at same time, I would rather same some for a fishing trip. In 2019, I was still engaging in some businesses in NZ and China, but this Covid changed all.
    Thank you for let me know, have `t shot air gun for too long. before my 20s, I have several air guns, mostly shoot rats and sparrows.

That is one impressive "Gamekeeper" @Trout has he got a docked tail or just the pic not showing it all?

Here is our big farm yard cat "MAX"
    Name:  picture 01 5754.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  164.7 KB
    Name:  picture 01 5755.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  162.0 KB
    Will try and weigh him on my fishing scales one day soon,but I might loose an arm!
    Micky Duck and Black Rabbit like this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive