Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 2 Post By Gibo
  • 1 Post By Trout
  • 1 Post By Trout

Thread: THERMO ON THE FUSION

THERMO ON THE FUSION

Tryed the thermo on the slug gun tonigth.Been getting reasonable groups at 40yds.Most rabbits under 30yds.Heres one i brought back for the cats.Deadly on rabbits with a head shot.I just go out the back of my place for 15 minuts or shoot them on lawn now and then in the dark.Name:  20210609_205011.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  1.54 MBName:  20210608_090400.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  298.8 KB

be bloody careful ,springers are terribly hard on optics..... it could shake it to death and warrenty be void.
    flock likes this.

Thermo on a sleeve that i havent tigthen up on the scope bell,it does slide easily on recoil abit,so doesnt get the full recoil shock.Scope a $100 Doctor scope made in germany,seems to hold up well.Going to get a Bull Eyes recoiless scope mount fitted,make it easy on the optics.

Must be a hard core slug gun to need a muzzle brake?
    Trout and Moa Hunter like this.

Naracoorte South Australia/From South Canterbury
    how much zoom from your scope can the thermal handle before the reticle blurs out or becomes unusable?

Scope only a 3x9,see thru day scope, thru thermo out 200yds no problem seeing rabbits on 6x may be,never needed to go highx..Most rabbits i shoot tho inside 20 -30yds,shoot further out when thermo on 22,50-60yds.Remember this set up only for 20-30 yd shooting we have a lot of tameish rabbits around here.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Scope only a 3x9,see thru day scope, thru thermo out 200yds no problem seeing rabbits on 6x may be,never needed to go highx..Most rabbits i shoot tho inside 20 -30yds,shoot further out when thermo on 22,50-60yds.Remember this set up only for 20-30 yd shooting we have a lot of tameish rabbits around here.
    So if it was on your deer rifle you'd be able to roll them at 200yards/ Same as wallabies?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuidog View Post
    how much zoom from your scope can the thermal handle before the reticle blurs out or becomes unusable?
    Just had thermo on my Monox 2x10x44 down the canel.See clear like post card for 1000yds easilly.At 600yds slowly turning x up,got to about 4x,pic just started to piculate,back off a tag,pic perfect.Deer at 400yds a perfect clear target.Roos at 250 yds easy to shoot depending on yr zero.If you shooting small game (rabbits) pic in pic the best.But deer roos inside 250yds you dont need pic n pic,depends on yr own old eyes.
    For clip ons,most have base mag of 1x,so yr day scope needs to be a 1x,2x if possible,then yr day scope doesnt dig into yr thermo pixs and breaks them up(blurry pic).
    Last edited by Trout; 10-06-2021 at 09:47 PM.
    Tuidog likes this.

Thanks @Trout .

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk