Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: wallaby picture from kiwigunblog fb page

Quote Originally Posted by johnd View Post
    Ah well, time to get out the 1080 again....... nothing to see here. Just softening up the public via the misinformation network
    Miss-information? 1080?

"In response to the comments on its post, the council explained in 2020 that the wallaby programme ran a contractor procurement process and a new intake of contractors was planned for 2023."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/rotorua-d...U5CSEUXW4HM2M/
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Nar it’s a cattery and ones just farted there all looking left to see who it was
    Also the ones on the ridge line appear the same size on the photo, as the ones halfway to the ridge line. Unless the ones on the ridge line are 18 foot tall.
    Sideshow and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkN View Post
    Also the ones on the ridge line appear the same size on the photo, as the ones halfway to the ridge line. Unless the ones on the ridge line are 18 foot tall.
    NV seriously distorts depth of field, distances and perspective. I see it all the time on wallaby with my hand held.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

I call bullshit. If not, whos up for a bit of wallaby shooting?
    Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Waimata View Post
    For anyone who doesn't read kiwigunblog facebook page, I borrowed this image to post here. Allegedly wallabies on a farm near Rotorua (I cannot confirm). How do these numbers compare to South Island wallaby hot spots?

Good use of the word 'allegedly'. I for one would like to see a tad more data from 3rd party observers before swallowing this one whole.

When I see more than half a dozen hares in one paddock I call my mates with the thermals around for a tidy up night or two

Does this 'farmer' have no mates??? Whoever lets them get this bad before going to the media???????

Oh, I know. Regional councils and DoC.

More than happy to be proved that this is a legit photo, but then my points above kick in.
    doinit, Brian and Moa Hunter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    Good use of the word 'allegedly'. I for one would like to see a tad more data from 3rd party observers before swallowing this one whole.

When I see more than half a dozen hares in one paddock I call my mates with the thermals around for a tidy up night or two

Does this 'farmer' have no mates??? Whoever lets them get this bad before going to the media???????

Oh, I know. Regional councils and DoC.

More than happy to be proved that this is a legit photo, but then my points above kick in.
    Could be dodgy could be not,do know where your coming from all the same.
    We should ALL know that most if not all media related material used to promote bullshit is the in thing nowadays IMO and a zillion others.
    Anyhows the number of roos in that shot will impress the sheeple no end and will certainly gain some brownie points I'm sure.
    In regards to the number of animals in that pic,,to many it is staggering but to be honest back in the South Canterbury Wallaby Board days
    and if we had had this night gear then then no they were that thick in a lot of areas.My diary still shows that three of us shot 70 roos out of one paddock in one night and heaps escaped back into the scrub,,,we took a big fat guess that there must have been over 100 in that paddock,it was winter feed and they just kept on popping up,,,unreal.

After reading the skeptical comments on this thread I'm almost tempted to ask the media to verify this picture. Honestly seems unbelievable.

Anyone in Rotorua area personally seen anything like this?
    Trout, Micky Duck and XR500 like this.

When spotlighting darma I've always seen them within 50m of bush boundary, no further into the open and in small groups. There was an obvious graze swath within 25m of bush/paddock boundary and they obviously prefferred eating grass to bush. Eyes are dull red in the light and they don't hold to the light. They don't hang about sitting once they've been alerted either. I used to shoot a lot for dog tucker, mainly with 303 ball ammo; puts them down with minimal meat damage.
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Quote Originally Posted by doinit View Post
    Could be dodgy could be not,do know where your coming from all the same.
    We should ALL know that most if not all media related material used to promote bullshit is the in thing nowadays IMO and a zillion others.
    Anyhows the number of roos in that shot will impress the sheeple no end and will certainly gain some brownie points I'm sure.
    In regards to the number of animals in that pic,,to many it is staggering but to be honest back in the South Canterbury Wallaby Board days
    and if we had had this night gear then then no they were that thick in a lot of areas.My diary still shows that three of us shot 70 roos out of one paddock in one night and heaps escaped back into the scrub,,,we took a big fat guess that there must have been over 100 in that paddock,it was winter feed and they just kept on popping up,,,unreal.
    Just meant that I agreed with Ben when he used the term 'allegedly', as its more likely than not either digital make believe or a closed up set of paddocks that have been left alone to breed up such numbers for a 'photo op'. I really don't know. But it sure looks like a photo made for the masses to soak up. If its real, WTF has the owner/manager of said piece of Rotorua landscape been doing all these years???
    doinit and RUMPY like this.

OK so the range reading is 204mtrs....look at only those images closerthan that.....anyone else notice the body positions are the same??? and NOTHING is on the move.....like NOTHING.....
    doinit, Moa Hunter, RUMPY and 1 others like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

No wallabys caught on the half hopp or stride MD.Totaly agree its a fake.

Yep, agree @Micky Duck, and the spacing just seems too perfect...

Mid-range, in a horizontal band, there appears to be two shapes that almost repeat - a skittle shape leaning slightly to the left, and a 'low feeding wobbly' shape.

As a frequent Photoshop user, I'm sceptical... black, pixelated background is perfect for: cut > paste > transform: rotate 8deg > transform: mirror > transform: scale .85... > repeat... etc. etc.

I personally think some of us might need to head up there on a UN Fact finding Mission...
    Moa Hunter and XR500 like this.
    bunji likes this.

Cripes. Another conspiracy.

I have it on good authority that the wallabys' presence in that paddock was not mandated by Government and that they bred to those numbers on their own free will with-out Government interference. Mainly the human farm owners were asleep while they amassed for their evening gathering so they were unaware, and during the day time they are too busy to notice the subtle signs of their presence they leave behind them. .

There is though an element of wallaby who believe that their rights to breed un-abated and to gather at night have been infringed by Government and that they have been manipulated by the press. They say that this issue is fundamental to hopocracy and are planning a protest at parliament.
    Last edited by Tahr; 03-06-2022 at 08:17 PM.
    nor-west, Trout, Woody and 7 others like this.
    - Rumi

Ummm is that your day job coming to light @Tahr ? Chief of sarcasm
    Trout likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Hopporgies.
    Tahr and Trout like this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.