Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Wallaby Shooting TV3 Tonight Campbell Live

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    How accessible are these stations to joe blogs to hunt?
    Reason I ask is the trend in nz sort of has gone from let any responsible young(or old for that matter) fella on your land to hunt as long as they leave gates as they found them, report any possible stock problems to the owner or sort it out yourself if able to Fuck off I cant let anyone on here to hunt cos if you trip over and graze your knee I am liable and I pay a full time pest controller,or fuck off I am breeding trophy animals for rich overseas hunters and I cant risk some kid shooting a 10,000 dollar stag.

I realise this is not the case everywhere but it is more and more the norm.

Reason I ask is because if this property was open for most to hunt there would be no wallaby problem.
    Friends of mine came back from 3 days wally hunting weekend before last. They were disappointed they only got 293!!!
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

That's a fair whack Mikee, is it a who ya know block or anyone block?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

AB Precision
    Its pretty shit if some propertys have to resort to poision simply because they wont let people on to shoot.
    that said good to hear some still let people on to shoot
    It's there land to do what they like tho. Some probly get sick of nut sacks rocking up thinking they know the joint.

I'd tell most to fuck off to if it was me

Like most things it's who you know not what you know. . . .

That's a fair whack Mikee, is it a who ya know block or anyone block?
    not sure have to catch up with him this weekend. I wouldn't mind having a crack at it, not sure if I would be allowed missus's truck off road though.
    They were all shooting .223 semis and were spotting and shooting rather than shotties and dogs.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    not sure have to catch up with him this weekend. I wouldn't mind having a crack at it, not sure if I would be allowed missus's truck off road though.
    They were all shooting .223 semis and were spotting and shooting rather than shotties and dogs.
    A farm track is a road Mikee so you should be sweet, even where we recoverd a deer from I had been there once before so I was just following the wheel tracks and on a road

Quote Originally Posted by tui_man2 View Post
    It's there land to do what they like tho. Some probly get sick of nut sacks rocking up thinking they know the joint.

I'd tell most to fuck off to if it was me

Like most things it's who you know not what you know. . . .
    Well this is true and a good point, if I had a hundred acres I would probably let pretty much any kid on to shoot bunnys trap possums etc and maybe shoot one deer if the property held any then bugger off.
    If I had a 100 thousand hectares of land I would feel a moral obligation to share the land with the public especially if it held access to public land as it is bound to do.
    mikee likes this.

Your a generous bugger VC if you win lotto and buy a farm on the weekend expect a call from me!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    It's just they way shit is these days I think Cam, a shame imo.
    Got this email tonight re duck shooting.....

This is a message from Worksafe as the duck shooting season opens tomorrow.

This weekend is the beginning of the duck shooting season. It is timely to remind farmers of commercial farms what their obligations are under health and safety legislation. This advice applies to visitors - people who come with your implied or actual consent to your farm for no commercial or business purpose and who have not paid you (directly or indirectly) to undertake an activity.

The first thing to take into account is that this is not a paperwork nightmare. No lengthy form-filling is needed, nor is there any need to sign people on and off the farm. It is really a matter of thinking about where the hunters will go, identifying hazards and risks the hunters wouldn’t reasonably expect in those areas, and warning them about those risks and how to avoid them.

Our recommendation is that you have a conversation with the hunter or hunter in charge of the party to pass on that information. Make a note in your farm diary about what you told them. Most people usually ring up the night (or during the week) before to make sure it’s all ok, so that’s a good time to have the discussion. It doesn’t need to be lengthy.

What sort of things should you warn them about? Remember - it is the things they wouldn’t reasonably expect (so if they are townies you might have to make allowance for that) in the area(s) they will be in. Here are some examples:
    •Dangers from things like tree-felling, spraying or other work. If there is tree felling in another area, are the trucks using the same tracks?
    •Areas of instability, such as paddocks, with unexpected tomos or those subject to landslips.
    •Aggressive stock that are near where they will be hunting.
    •You might also let them know about communications (eg if there is no cell coverage) so they can make alternate arrangements if need be.

You need to make sure that all the people who are in the area (staff, contractors, other visitors / hunters) are aware of each other. It’s also a good idea to get an idea of their timings - tell them they should let you know if these change.

If a visitor trips over a tree-root or stone, a property owner or occupier is unlikely to be held responsible for the other person's carelessness. In addition, if the property owner or occupier could not reasonably have been expected to know of a hazard, they cannot be held responsible for any harm that occurs to any customer or client.

Remember the general rule - as the person in charge of the workplace you are legally required to point out specific hazards on the farm, which you know could harm the person and which the person wouldn’t normally expect to encounter.

The information can also be accessed on the Safer Farms website: It's duck shooting season – Safer Farms

Julia Paterson-Fourie
    Senior Communications Advisor
    Communications Team

Level 6, 86 Customhouse Quay, Wellington 6140
    P +64 04 901 8687
    M +64 021 870 986
    E julia.paterson-fourie@worksafe.govt.nz
    W HomePage | Worksafe

This email has been sent to . You are receiving this email because you have previously indicated you would like to receive news from B+LNZ. If you’ve got any questions or feedback, please email B+LNZ enquiries

Update your email address | Update your subscription preferences

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What a load of dribble! She should have just said, don't let any dumb fucks on your farm to shoot ducks!
    veitnamcam, Dundee and Brian like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Your a generous bugger VC if you win lotto and buy a farm on the weekend expect a call from me!
    I live in hope.

I live in hope.
    I'll return the favour when I win, I've invested enough so far to own half the South Island without a bean in return! Must be rigged like those ballots! Maybe I should just give up
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Someone should give Julia a medal for that email. Well done! Maybe I should print it out and take it with me on future location scoping ventures.
    Maca49 likes this.

I might put a copy up in my work shop and call it a farm!
    300CALMAN likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

It would be a good idea for the hunter to ask the farmer if there 'are any hazards they might not reasonably expect' as not all farmers will remember.
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

Hi Mikee,

I know the property they were on. They didn't get them all but sure as hell made a good job of it. We found them on the tops and in some pockets that they clearly weren't willing to walk to. We got 100 at the same farm. If cambo was there we'd have probably shot a couple more with his Haha gun. My mate heated his suppressor so much that it melted the glue on the neoprene cover.
    Dundee and mikee like this.