Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

Like Tree18638Likes

Thread: What little pesties did you bowl over today?

Shot digging his own graveName:  20171110_183313.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  244.7 KB
    Dundee and FatLabrador like this.

is this supposed to be funny . . .
    SlimySquirrel likes this.
    without a picture . .. it never happened !

Quote Originally Posted by rossi.45 View Post
    is this supposed to be funny . . .
    He probably thinks the same with all our posts on possums.
    Wild dogs are a big problem in parts of Aus.

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk
    Blisters likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Sorry rossi45 if the ''funny'' question referred to the post of mine about the wild dog digging his own grave
    It was just a little bit of Aussie humor I shot the wild dog while he was digging a hole as you can see him laying
    beside
    I don't know much about your possum problem as was said by veitnamcam but not many aussies like wild dogs
    ie Dingo cross with domestic dog its more of a killer for the sake of killing rather than a kill to survive type
    Wild dogs can cause farmers to go broke over here that's how bad the problem is they are relentless in their killing
    also one of the cruelest killers they partially eat their victim while its alive be it a cow or sheep size doesn't matter
    This is why I made the comment over here most would have had a good laugh
    But if I have offended you I apologise maybe I should keep my aussie humor off this forum

cheers

Yeah, it's quite a shocking photo if you're not up with the play on Wild Dogs in Aus.

They can be nasty little critters and I've only been hunting in Aus once, but we came across 25-30 of them and they needed some persuading to leave.
    Blisters likes this.

GEEZ SlimySquirrel that's a big mob of dogs
    They can run in big mobs like that then split into small groups at mating season
    A mob that size could cause thousands of $ damage in an area
    Did you knock a few over when you came across them?

Quote Originally Posted by SlimySquirrel View Post
    Three overstayers sorted....
    Attachment 83434

How bad do those little pole cats smell!!!!!
    Thats a ferret
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by rigga View Post
    Sorry rossi45 if the ''funny'' question referred to the post of mine about the wild dog digging his own grave
    It was just a little bit of Aussie humor I shot the wild dog while he was digging a hole as you can see him laying
    beside
    I don't know much about your possum problem as was said by veitnamcam but not many aussies like wild dogs
    ie Dingo cross with domestic dog its more of a killer for the sake of killing rather than a kill to survive type
    Wild dogs can cause farmers to go broke over here that's how bad the problem is they are relentless in their killing
    also one of the cruelest killers they partially eat their victim while its alive be it a cow or sheep size doesn't matter
    This is why I made the comment over here most would have had a good laugh
    But if I have offended you I apologise maybe I should keep my aussie humor off this forum

cheers
    Dont keep ya Aussie humor off of here....keep at it, it may just take a while for some to understand your situation.
    I while back someone posted a vid of baboon shooting? I couldn't even click the link....to close to human for me but I am sure I would feel differently if they were threatening MY safety and livelihood.

Your dog pics coloring looks a lot like our rescue dog pet, so I didnt like your post.....nothing wrong with your post just our perception of it.
    Shes a pretty small bunch of islands mate.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Yes Veitnamcam sorry about that and yes there are some good looking dogs amongst them but you can't domesticate them
    although a lot try, an animal rescuer thought she was doing good with one over a couple of years and she went to rub
    her cheek on the dogs face, as she did she smiled showing her teeth the dog grabbed her face
    She didn't know that a dog showing its teeth to another dog is an act of aggression that's why it grabbed her
    Some of the colours we get dogs are white ,very pale yellow,black,red,blue cattle,brindle,painted like 3 different on one dog
    and a few others
    Its sad but they are pests and dangerous pests....And that baboon thing if its the same as I've looked at there is a fair bit of jawing
    going on over here about ethics,morals and the like but its getting all thrown out of proportion...Bloke dressed a baboon he shot up in hat and
    sunglasses,I personally don't agree with the hat and glasses because of the disrespect to the dead animal which could bring a back lash from
    the anti gun groups other than that its all hunting but ethical kills are the way to go
    veitnamcam likes this.

Hey @rigga I have found your post to be very informative I spent two and a half years all over Africa driving tourists into game parks. Loved the wild dogs there. That's African wild dogs neat looking beasts and the most effective killers of all. Beat lions, leopards, hyenas etc hands down. I'd have loved to get one, but recon there the same could not be trusted even brought up from a pup.
    Dad had a problem in NZ with a pack of dogs killing calves. Him and the neighbor shot five. They came from the the local dairy factory housing. No complaints from them just a hand shake and sorry.
    Heard a farmer here in the UK say that the annual for dog killing sheep here is 15000. Though that was high but did some research and yes fifteen thousand is correct. Trouble is there not wild dogs. just people who say oh how lovely my dog running free playing with the sheep
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by rigga View Post
    Shot digging his own graveAttachment 83479
    I certainly wasn't offended at all. Different strikes for different folks. Fill
    Ya boots rigga

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Sideshow we have people over here that think its nice to see their dog play with animals but they don't realise
    that once its dark it a different ball game , then after the animal is killed it becomes '' It wasn't my dog''
    This is why the Queensland government made it compulsory to register dogs then owners are responsible for their dogs actions
    Because the wild dog problem over here is so big dog owners can face a hefty fine if their dog kills and is proven to have done it
    But most of the wild dogs I shoot are born and bred in the scrubs and live wild and because they are xbreed they can get some
    size about them not like the native dingo which is smaller in stature the biggest wild dog I have shot was 700mm from the ground
    to the top of his shoulder took me 18mths to get a clear shot at him he was that cunning
    Wild cattle are a problem over here also but not as devastating as dogs cattle damage crops , fences and stuff , scrub bulls fight
    along fences with herd bulls and knock down fences then mate with the breeding stock this becomes a major problem with
    cattle breeders trying to maintain a certain breed of cattle
    Permission must be given by the landholder before wild cattle can be delt with
    Bit of trivia for ya Cheers
    veitnamcam likes this.

Caught the beast from the east
    Name:  CFDEC3FB-BFA0-4CD7-957D-4EAAFDCC0659.jpeg
Views: 280
Size:  1.88 MB
    john m likes this.

Hey @rigga I’ll have a crack at ya scub bulls sounds like a good challenge
    We have the same with all dogs now chipped. But the English have a very different attitude to animals. BBC won’t even show a lion kill on tv guess that’s why I had some clients that wanted to get out of the truck to get closer to Elephant no clue at all some of these tree huggers
    john m likes this.

Yeah Sideshow we got our share of thrill seekers over here to think they are invincible till they get smashed by a scrub bull
    or bitten by a wild dog then its every body else's fault except theirs that's the reason I only hunt with the wife she knows what to do if
    anything happens to me
    Wild cattle are seasonal where I live they only come out of the hills in the dry season for green picking on the sugar cane shoots
    after harvesting