Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 1080 drops

like up your arse? Hunters are effected by this poison along with every one else that enjoys the out doors. If you don't like 1080 being mentioned in hunting forums go join Nick and Maggie.The more people that are aware of the poison being dumped in our so called clean land, it might get stopped!
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Perhaps the administrators could allocate a place where we can discuss this and related 1080 issues so we don't risk getting chucked out of the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Perhaps the administrators could allocate a place where we can discuss this and related 1080 issues so we don't risk getting chucked out of the forum?
    Thanks Woody I was being polite
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

The way I see it, there are discussions about recreational vs commercial fish quotas, access being lost or blocked or created, bird hunting regs, good and bad dogs, lead shot vs steel etc, all of which impact on hunting, shooting and fishing, and enjoyment of the outdoors. There is no doubt that 1080 and similar poison application affects wildlife, persons enjoyment of the outdoors, camping and wild waterways and the management issues of game hunting to a very large degree, so why should it not have a legitimate place somewhere on this forum? ??
    veitnamcam and Bernie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Any chance we could have this moved out of hunting and into a more appropriate area?
    like the trash?

Fair enough to be concerned about the effects if it became open slather on this nice forum; however, if the issue had its own spot and the boundaries were not crossed, there may be something constructive in it-- rather than shutting it out completely?

It's a shit emotive issue where neither side really wants to listen to the other, no-one is going to come to any agreement talking about it on here and it just devolves into either an echo-chamber of dumbness or name-calling.
    Wildman, JoshC, Dougie and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    It's a shit emotive issue where neither side really wants to listen to the other, no-one is going to come to any agreement talking about it on here and it just devolves into either an echo-chamber of dumbness or name-calling.
    Exactly.

In fact, is that Spanner's chain I can hear rattling? The monster is stirring. You 1080 debaters had better run for it before he devours you.

The best thing to do Woody is to use this forum for your own ends I've decided, Pm the guys you want to deal with and forget the rest, pity I think the heart will slowly stop beating, but he'll there are some great guys on here, yourself included, and that friendship came through a chance meeting on here, but I have to move on, when thinks you enjoy cause you grief control it or cut it loose. Just my thoughts.
    Dougie likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I'm hoping for rain real soon as long as its not green rain PM ya emails if ya want to keep in touch.
    CFD

Fair comment Maca49. I 've made my point-s and can leave it there. The forum overall can decide what it wants to do regarding any 1080 discussions. There are other avenues available to those who really want to get stuck in.
    In the meantime lets just enjoy what we can and stay away from shit.

Looking at opening up a new hunting access track as a project soon.
    kiwijames likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    I'm hoping for rain real soon as long as its not green rain PM ya emails if ya want to keep in touch.
    Will do mate. Actually we had a real heavy heat shower here last night for a bout 2 hours. Good stuff.

Must be bed time 2249hrs heres some music to help you all sleep.
    tetawa, sometimes and Woody like this.
    CFD

If we pretend it's not happening our hunting estate won't be effected.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Because theres only one forum to discuss stuff in the whole wide world