Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: 1080- ospri 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Id rather push for trapping.
    I think you'd have more success try to push melted butter up a porcupines arse with a hot needle on that one @Woody
    Boar Freak and blake like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I could practice on pro poison critters in fluoro green suits first
    Maca49 likes this.

Nah. You get a fluoro green cyclists lycra body suit and ballet tights with a big sign on it
    Sive XL for me please.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Fellas playing with porcupine arses and fantasising about men in lycra have far more to worry about than a little bit of 1080
    Sideshow likes this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

MSL
    Id rather push for trapping.
    Would you sign up to go trapping?

Been there done that.

Large tracts of RHA's have been poisoned with 1080 and deer repellent last year. The area is still not declared clear by DoC. I haven't been able to take my dog for a walk there for 5 months. Wait till it happens in your "back yard' and then see how you feel.
    tetawa and blake like this.

Been there done that.

Large tracts of RHA's have been poisoned with 1080 and deer repellent last year. The area is still not declared clear by DoC. I haven't been able to take my dog for a walk there for 5 months. Wait till it happens in your "back yard' and then see how you feel.
    Never used to take my dogs back for a couple of years after 1080. But with that attitude now I'd have nowhere to hunt, usually wait 10 months. Have two differing statements on stand down time, DOC, when we remove the signs. A person I know who used to work ARC 7 years, due to 1080 in bone marrow.

Been there done that.

Do you think everyone lives in Auckland bar you?

My backyard is regularly done thanks very much. Loving the bird life at present to be fair. Huntings pretty good too.

Buy a muzzle if you are unsure.
    HNTMAD likes this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Just read an article by the new deputy mayor of the Super City, there are no possums, rats or other pests left in the Hunua Ranges after the last 1080 drop. Why is the stuff so magic there but after 60 years of use elsewhere the "pest" problem still exists, worse than ever in many locations.
    And cast your mind back to 2015 when the drop was in August, yet by November (!) the media were reporting the spin doctor's bullshit the (quote) "...Kokako are making a remarkable recovery in the Hunua Ranges...".
    What? Already? Jeezus, 1080 really is magic.
    By the way, I lived only 1km from the Wairoa Dam for 8years before the drop. No Rat plague. No more possums than anywhere else in NZ. And lastly, contrary to all the promises the drops would be carefully managed and no waterways would be dropped into, 1080 was indeed found by Watercare Services in the tributaries, but they kept it quiet until an internal whistle blower outed it.
    Anyone that supports this shit being dropped from the air is either complicit and benefiting financially from the self propagating 1080 'industry', or they are titty sucking naive idealists who'd believe anything if it comes wrapped in spin from 'trust worthy' government agencies like MPI and DoC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    H&K MAN likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Do you think everyone lives in Auckland bar you?

My backyard is regularly done thanks very much. Loving the bird life at present to be fair. Huntings pretty good too.

Buy a muzzle if you are unsure.
    Try one yourself crawling through the undergrowth. See how you like it!

As for your back yard; you can have all the 1080 from here sent over to you mate. You're more than welcome to the shit.
    H&K MAN, Hunt4life and blake like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt4life View Post
    And cast your mind back to 2015 when the drop was in August, yet by November (!) the media were reporting the spin doctor's bullshit the (quote) "...Kokako are making a remarkable recovery in the Hunua Ranges...".
    What? Already? Jeezus, 1080 really is magic.
    By the way, I lived only 1km from the Wairoa Dam for 8years before the drop. No Rat plague. No more possums than anywhere else in NZ. And lastly, contrary to all the promises the drops would be carefully managed and no waterways would be dropped into, 1080 was indeed found by Watercare Services in the tributaries, but they kept it quiet until an internal whistle blower outed it.
    Anyone that supports this shit being dropped from the air is either complicit and benefiting financially from the self propagating 1080 'industry', or they are titty sucking naive idealists who'd believe anything if it comes wrapped in spin from 'trust worthy' government agencies like MPI and DoC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bit by bit my true character is being revealed through this thread. I will add this to the "f***ed up and naive" label from the previous page.

The truth can take a life time to surface if one is slightly naïve,your not alone lol.

Quote Originally Posted by doinit View Post
    The truth can take a life time to surface if one is slightly naïve,your not alone lol.
    I remember a quote I once heard. Went something like,
    "be soft and sweet with the words you speak for someday you may have to eat them"
    HNTMAD likes this.

60 years guys, it ain't working, just polluting this beautiful country, by a govt that promotes " clean and green" we are wagering a lot on this poison! If I was a farmer having to spend thousands cleaning up my act for clean waterways I'd be pretty pissed by a double standard.
    veitnamcam, H&K MAN and Hunt4life like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough