Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: 2018 Haast Roar Ballot, Who's In??

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    Got an email saying we missed out, plan B now
    Same

Missed out, fingers crossed for the wanaka ballot

Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    Missed out, fingers crossed for the wanaka ballot
    Yeah that's plan B
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeduncan View Post
    How have you got on? Have you got any thing decent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    na just bush shitters in there, i just roar them up for the fun of it, theres nothing better than close quater bush roaring!! i try and take the spikers and hinds as why shoot pissed up rutting 6 point stags for meat?
    Lukeduncan likes this.

We took a ripper head from the jerry only 2years ago. Some very shit ones also.........
    Got Ryan's creek this year, will be my 4th time in that block.
    It is definitely a lot more popular than it used to be. You used to more or less get whatever block you balloted for, now days seems you have better chance winning lotto.
    I know another guy who drew a block and we both received emails last Saturday.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahrzan View Post
    We took a ripper head from the jerry only 2years ago. Some very shit ones also.........
    It is definitely a lot more popular than it used to be. You used to more or less get whatever block you balloted for, now days seems you have better chance winning lotto.
    What's a ripper? Over 300DS?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Photo?

What period you going in to Ryan's creek? Was our 2nd pick for the 3rd period but we missed out on everything.

i found a huge cast antler there two years ago, but the big ones must be thin on the ground, ryans was my 2nd choice ive been there a few times now, what period have you got? wana swap blocks?

Hey guys, heading into Ryan's 4th period. The blocks are quite early this year so thought I'd give 4th a crack. 3rd is generally my preference though. And no not keen on swapping, sorry. Not sure on the DS score of the animal from the jerry as it was never scored but it wouldn't have been 300. It wouldn't have been all that far away though. (Which is a ripper for me, and from my experience for that block) James's boys reckoned it was the biggest taken they had seen at that time, for that roar. I was as surprised as any as I've chalked up a few roars in those areas. We did manage a 300 this year though but that was in the open zone.
    Manaohou Kid likes this.

Anyone hunted McArthur Creek? I have been invited to go along with a mate, he scored a ballot. Block 26

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by hotsoup View Post
    Anyone hunted McArthur Creek? I have been invited to go along with a mate, he scored a ballot. Block 26
    It is as good a block as any in that catchment.

I do not mean to be a downer, but all those lower Arawhata blocks see a lot of locals who jet boat in there. They think they own it and go no matter what. Usually they go early tho.
    Roar stags off the hill and bowl them in the spotlight.
    I avoid them just for that reason. Heaps of scraps and abuse have been thrown over the years.

It used to be that having a block only meant landing rights if not in the wilderness area. Anyone can hunt them if they walked or got in by boat.

Not sure if rules are still the same but the Arawhata is good boating right up to the 10 hour gorge.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

so im off the the jerry tomorrow, looks like we will get a wet ass and probably a bit early for roaring but its still better than working! also got intouch with the party of a neighbouring block and they aint even going in! so we will be making the most of that too.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyd View Post
    so im off the the jerry tomorrow, looks like we will get a wet ass and probably a bit early for roaring but its still better than working! also got intouch with the party of a neighbouring block and they aint even going in! so we will be making the most of that too.
    Weather not looking flash for coast
    Thurs/Friday and Easter Monday prob only days OK in next ten days
    We had rain 3 days here now (150mm thus far and still falling)
    Getting Cabin fever