Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mohawk

Thread: Any Ideas About Owawenga Road?

Any Ideas About Owawenga Road?

Trying to figure out if any of this area can be hunted. Called DOC in Te Kuiti and as nice as they were couldn't tell me.

I have also tried DOC maps, NZ topo maps and getting conflicting information from that and the Spot X book. One says yeah the other not so sure.
    If you know the area and can help me avoid being on the wrong land etc that would be awesome.
    Can anyone help?
    Cheers
    Willie
    Sarcasm: lowest from of wit, highest form of intelligence.

Yup , just drive till you see the doc sign at the gate . go through the gate and your hunting . about 3 km along the road there is a locked gate - keep out !!! (rangitoto station ) . Too the right of the gate is a track that leads too wild life hut (doc ).
    gets a lot of 1080 but still the odd deer or pig there and heaps of un marked tracks too.
    Check the WAMS web sight.
    Willie likes this.

I was asking about that area a few weeks ago and decided not worth going to due to such a limited area to hunt due to private land (the mountain and rangitoto)
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Cheers Hunter, according to DOC though the whole of Rangitoto is huntable so should be a decent area. Will let you know how i get on and can but have a look. There is also Tolley road on the eastern side of the Rnagitoto range.
    Sarcasm: lowest from of wit, highest form of intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    I was asking about that area a few weeks ago and decided not worth going to due to such a limited area to hunt due to private land (the mountain and rangitoto)
    You have access to the whole north block for there ? That would keep most guys pretty happy.