Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Big ups ;Mickey Duck

Big ups ;Mickey Duck

2023 -what a year so far .and so it continues.

Im here buggerising about on me computer last week when hello a PM arrives Bugger me its an invite to join mickey duck for a 3day stint in his wee hidey hole!!!
    Im sittng here hmmming and haaing till from the lounge spake the boss of bosses(e r indoors)"go god sake go!!"
    Come friday morning with truck packed(Id supply a whole army ,ask anyone who knows me ),I sally forth calling in on my old mate &sparring partner GSPF& and his lovely partner, before navigating me way inland toward the alps!
    Well ye old green machine navigating skills didnt let me down (again)and eventually i located the road mentioned .driving up it I came to hills that put porter pass /otira gorge to shame Seeing the trusty aussie ute is only 2wd and after a couple of stalls It was 1st gear and floor it-jeez the rear end jumped about like a possum with his arse caught on the electric fence!
    get to the top of this to be stopped by the ineviable private property sign no shooting etcet but parked up and piquibng my interest was a very tidy 2litre telstar S/W.we met the lady whoo owned that later in the day -an eyeopener 70+fit as a buck rat and had spent 12hours circumnavigating this peak!!!!!!!!!She left my totally bedazzled and impressed!!!!!
    anyhow after a short& bloody hot park up to enjoy the view right to the pacific,I slowly started down the road to meet mine host, and as i slowly proceeded down one of m any hills there he was complete with wee caravan in tow.very cheerful bugge r too !!
    we drove up a little further and quickly set up a camp-site ,kettle on ,get to know each other.
    After a lengthly chat with mltiple cuppas we took a short stroll just on dusk to see what was lurking -with Mickey pointing out various wee hidey holes hes been lucky in over his years of hunting !
    no luck but i throughly enjoyed it and so back for a cook up -great basic kai! and lots of it.

oh yeah out comes my dear old "dundee special "the wee Stirling.22 a bloody magic gift to me from Joe90 now resplendent with suppressor courtesy of smiffy!!!!.
    My youth came flooding back as I relaunched my possum hunting career with vengeance and our luck was in as we nailed a young bugger who hung about trying to work out who we ere for too long!

back to camp and a bit of rest

next morning after another cracker feed courtesy of his nibs-hes keen to show me his track hes cut to various points in the area .its a bloody long time since ive bush bashed and its showed-I slid down a greasy ban k and stepped in holes ,but as we made our way up a pretty little creek-water was way too irresistible so hat and sweaT rag got a good soaking to cool me down!alas a little further on and despite a warning from MD my foot slid on a rock and i arsed up big time

Soaking wet and feeling somewhat foolish ,we had a short heart to heart before Mickey made the call to return to camp.when a man whose an active hunter and member of LSAR speaks i do not argue-experience in dealing with outdoor injuries and overconfidence shows out end of story.
    soaked to the skin but able to have a laugh we trudged back and turned camp for a brew and turning my treuck inot an indian laundry .wet jocks can be hung from a CB aerial to dry.
    it'd was very hotso a little weapon zeroing session for my 7.62x39 ,its wee cuzzie the .223 ,and the .22 commenced.
    the .bisley.223 (a birthday present from my family courtesy of tim&talon some years ago) was first and after a few shots she was ok.sext wee beastyie that ,heavy barrel too .sooo over to good old big brother &.62x39.no matter how hard i tried and all my accumulated techniques for past i could not get it to group!!!!!!!!
    Up steps Mickey-a couple of shots and whooooaa-scope is spinning ion the bloody mounts-problem solved -who said piss poor planning and preparation +piss poor preformance.that fault ive just remedied this morning although im inclined toward replacing those mounts with a more durable set!!
    soo up comes the joe 9-0 special and a repeat of 7.62 malady-I got it printing but thje bloody group[ wouldnt close up ........FMR
    as said earlier Smiffy very kindly built and gave me a suppressor for it-a heavy hearty beastie its too.well professor mickey took cnetre stag again amidst some boisterous banter re my shooting skillor lack thereof and lo and behold hes nailed it.after shots with supressor on hed removed it and proceeded with some of my large stock of HV.22ammo.\bingo!!!!groupings .a close exam suggests probable baffle strike in the supressor but that wont be too hard to sort Im confident.]\
    Again I cant emphasis enough how much valuable info and learning i picked up in this session,plus the great enjoyment I got.
    quite laste afternoon mickey decided to go walkabout to check some of his numerous wee honeypot spots his trusty .270 has counted coup on whilst yours sincerely after a wasp .honey bee ,snadlfy interrupted snooze,shoulders sexy wee .223 beast and goes for a wee rambo up the track.
    I dont quite know why but being o ut in this landscaspe totally fascinates me ,from simply the types of plants ,the contours of the land and the wildlife, but also what sorts of people make it their life work to earn a living from some bloo dy rugged terrain.
    Id di take a wee detour through a promising clearing via afairly muddy track and yep spotted deer tracks -from the hoof size and lentgth of stride It seemd likely it was fallow ,altho an older set suggests a young red deer .

vby this stage the wind wasx gettin rasther bllody serious and ominously gathering strength.anyhow following a late evening kai ,it as shoulder muskets and possum ..or larger patrol.plenty of enthusiam but nup noone come out to gaze upon two funny looking things in this neck of the woods .!!!!or bloody light show was spectacular.

sleep was slow in coming ,and Id be a liar if i didnt say my butt cheeks were clenched a tad tighter than usual for boy oh boy id the wind vent its fury and then some .
    of course the inevitable so half groogy fall off my sleeping bech and onto floor with full bladder and thinking its pissing down .stagger otside woooooow ,its a full moon with a wierd like horror movie glowing fog and way below a foggy glow .as im now diabetc a couple of repeats were needed.
    anyhow woke next moring decided wed leisurely p ack up and make for home . aftewr a spot of tiki touring across canterbury landscape Im home safe and sound nad happy as pig in a pile of mud!!rifles have had full service todays tasking!

Phots -should have but took wrong camera with flat batteries.!!
    \
    Thanks again Mickey for being such a bloody big heatered arthur and wonderful mine host and Iwouldnt hesitate to do it all again.

All good ol bean.was great to catch-up and spend weekend doing bugger all for a change.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Name:  IMG_20230205_203757.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  4.61 MB quite well known location,if you recognise it..please keep it to yourself. there is a deer in middle of photo,hard to capture with cellphone at 7-800yards and its on private land so safe from me.
    Last edited by Micky Duck; 07-02-2023 at 04:25 PM.
    rugerman and Billbob like this.

Name:  IMG_20230205_194358.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  3.95 MB this LOOKS like easy going..well it is sort of,apart from the slippery ground underneath,the logs at shin barking height and the dirty hot arsed germanic bastard wasps...the stinging nettle and bush lawyer are nice by comparison. I seldom find deer in here,normally have to climb above it to have any luck..and its noisy as hell and poor dog cant see over top as its between waist n tit height..even Dannyb would be hidden from boy bits down in here.
    Last edited by Micky Duck; 07-02-2023 at 04:30 PM.
    rugerman, dannyb and Ftx325 like this.

Name:  IMG_20230205_200222.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  3.68 MB and THIS is more typical of the beloved vegetation..and the deer love it..safe as houses and something to chew on,unlike in the fern.
    Last edited by Micky Duck; 07-02-2023 at 04:31 PM.

Name:  IMG_20230205_203817.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  4.58 MB
    Swanny likes this.

if you go to tip of the gorse bush and up to about 2 oclock..and zoom in really close,there is a light brown horizontal line.... tiny wee thing..well that is actually a deer lol.

Ah well it's safe from me as well. Great bit of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    if you go to tip of the gorse bush and up to about 2 oclock..and zoom in really close,there is a light brown horizontal line.... tiny wee thing..well that is actually a deer lol.
    Well I reckon the Chinese need your technology on the next balloon.
    You have encrypted it so well that none of us mere mortals can see it.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
    Gibo, Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.

bugga! would have loved to been there with you two. unfortunately even today i am still sore as hell from multiple diagnostic medical equipment being stuffed up my bum and inserted down the pleasure pipe
    Micky Duck likes this.

Sounds like you guys had fun despite the wind.

@kotuku - you don’t have to convince me that Micky Duck is a good bugger - I already know!

He’s as helpful-as and full of handy to know knowledge.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

ahh Mr finnwolf....was just about to txt you....single feeding the norinco...just do it firmly,no worries at all. bit like the feeding bit,dont piss around and tis all good.
    first time Ive had a play with one since the wee tart left my safe for yours. funny the 223 is plurry near identicle action wise,just smaller recess on bolt face.
    Finnwolf likes this.

What a great account of your weekend Kotuku. You're a lucky man to be invited there. As you say it's one of Micky Ducks honey holes. Quite funny, I've been hunting with Micky since July 2017 and shot the only deer on a hunt together 2 months ago just up the hill from your campsite.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    did you spot it on your wee jaunt after my efforts in arse up creek???